What are weekday meals like at your house? At our home, it depends on the time of year. Our craziest time is football season. For a couple of years, not only did we have practice every day of the week, but we had four football games every week. Ronnie played JV High School Football on Thursday night. Alexandra cheered for the Varsity Football Team on Friday night. Riley had a game at 9am on Saturday and Reis played Saturday night! I kept on telling myself that I would miss this one day… When Alexandra left for college, we thought we had it easy with only three games per week.
It is during times like this that I realize the importance of us sitting together and enjoying Sunday Supper. Time Around the Family Table has always been so important to our family. Quick, easy and wholesome recipes that we can cook together are key to our #WeekdaySupper success. One of our favorites is Quesadillas. My kids love coming up with their own combinations to fill the tortillas with.
Reis is truly the Quesadilla King. He creates some of the most amazing recipes and comes up with the best fillings. When I told Reis about the New Sauté Express® Sauté Starter, he couldn’t wait to come up with a new Quesadilla Recipe. I have to tell you, what he came up with was out of this world! Not only was the filling full of flavor but he came up with a way to flavor the crispy tortilla. The flavor of the Garlic and Herb permeates the crispy tortilla for a tantalizing surprise! Everyone in our house fell in love with these Garlic and Herb Chicken Quesadillas. If you want to make your Quesadillas extra special, you must try making Stop Light Salsa by Reis. You will be glad you did… it is so good and the perfect topping to the Garlic and Herb Chicken Quesadillas.
- 1 pound of thinly sliced Chicken Breast cut in strips
- 2 squares of Garlic & Herb Sauté Express® Sauté Starter
- 8 Flour Tortillas, medium size
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup of Salsa
- Sour Cream to add on the side
- Heat large skillet on medium heat and add the Chicken Strips and 1 cube of Garlic & Herb Sauté Express® Sauté Starter
- Saute for 7 to 8 minutes until Chicken is cooked through
- Remove Chicken from pan and add a pat of the Garlic & Herb Sauté Express® Sauté Starter
- Add Tortilla to the pan and add 2 tablespoons of Chicken, Cheddar Cheese and Salsa
- Fold Tortilla in half and heat until crispy on both sides and Cheese is melted
- Repeat with additional Tortillas
- Add additional Salsa and Sour Cream on the side
Kid Ratings: Alexandra 9, Ronnie 10, Reis 10, Riley 9.5 HUGE Success!
Sauté Express® Sauté Starter makes it easy to create real, wholesome dinners. It is the perfect go to for easy #WeekdaySupper meals. We’re going to help inspire you to make mealtime sizzle with quick & easy meals in 30 minutes. It can be done! Just follow the hashtag #SauteExpress on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram every day of the week!
This Week’s Sauté Express® Sauté Starter #WeekdaySupper Recipes:
Monday | Garlic and Herb Chicken Quesadillas by Family Foodie
Tuesday |Mussels and shrimp in a fennel saffron herb broth by Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
Wednesday | Italian Herb Chicken Bites by In the Kitchen with Audrey
Thursday | Garlic Chicken Fried Brown Rice by In the Kitchen with KP
Friday | Lemon Pepper Chicken Wraps by Daily Dish Recipes
Sauté Express® Sauté Starter is available in four delicious flavors:
- Garlic & Herb – Families love the flavor combination of garlic and herb. The irresistible aroma will draw families to the table, while the mouth-watering taste will have them asking for seconds.
- Italian Herb – The seasoning is an easy way to add Italian flavor to ordinary chicken, and it also turns everyday Italian into something special.
- Savory Butter & Olive Oil – The combination of butter and olive oil is a simple and wholesome way to put a new twist on your family’s favorite meals.
- Lemon Pepper – The splash of lemon and a hint of black pepper is perfect for fish or other light dishes.
Follow our #WeekdaySupper with Sauté Express® Sauté Starter Pinterest Board and you will be inspired by our recipes!
Disclosure: The author received a full-value coupon redeemable for Sauté Express® Sauté Starter for recipe development and review purposes. All opinions are my own.