I love getting together with family and friends. Roasted Chicken promises the ideal portable dish to feed a crew. I love trying all different kinds of seasonings on my Roasted Chicken, from ethnic flavors to traditional flavors, I’ve tried them all. That’s why I was so excited to try this Garlic Lemon Rosemary Roasted Chicken for #SundaySupper this week.
Inspired by one of my favorite new cookbooks, The Mom 100 Cookbook, I tried the Garlic Lemon Rosemary Roasted Chicken to Serve Around the Family Table for #SundaySupper this week. This is the perfect recipe to greet my parents and my oldest two when they get home from their cruise. I can’t wait to spend time hearing all about the details of their week while savoring this delicious dish.
I almost always roast two chickens because I love adding it to pasta, rice, veggies and making fajitas and quesadillas for Weekday Supper.
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil, plus more olive oil for oiling the baking sheet
- 1 Chicken (about 4 lbs)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- For the Rub:
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic or 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1½ teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine al the ingredients for the rub
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Place a rack in the lower third of the oven
- Lightly oil a large rimmed baking sheet with olive oil
- Using your hands rub the chicken with olive oil and the rub
- Arrange the Chicken on the prepared baking sheet
- Sprinkle the Chicken with Salt and Pepper
- Bake for approximately 50 to 60 minutes or until fully cooked
- Use meat thermometer to check when done
- Let the Chicken sit for 5 minutes
- Serve the Chicken hot or warm or cold
Make ahead: You can rub the chicken with any of the rubs a day ahead: this allows the seasonings to permeate the meat more.
What the Kids can do: They can help measure the ingredients for any of the rubs, and if your kids aren’t grossed out by the prospect, they can rub the rubs onto the chicken. Follow this by a lenghty hand washing in warm, soap water (and a reminder not to stick their hands in their mouths until after the soapy water bit). They will love helping prepare this Garlic, Lemon, and Rosemary Roasted Chicken #SundaySupper.
Kid Ratings: Alexandra 8.5, Ronnie 9, Reis 9, Riley 9.5
We know you will love The Mom 100 Cookbook as much as we do and want to share it with you. We will be giving away copies of Katie Workman’s fabulous cookbook during a live chat at 5:30 Est because we know you and your family will enjoy it. Follow the #Sundaysupper hashtag and join the fun!
Check out all the recipes we will be sharing:
- Soups and Salads:
- Japanese Restaurant Salad ~ Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cauliflower and Cheddar Soup served in Bread Bowls ~ Daily Dish Recipes
- Main Dish Recipes:
- Caribbean Warm Spice Chicken with Cinnamon Ginger & Paprika ~ Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Fresh Mozzarella Pasta Casserole ~ The Meltaways
- Pulled Pork ~ Momma’s Meals
- Easy Chicken Enchiladas ~ In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Teriyaki Skewers ~ Messy Baker Blog
- Garlic, Lemon, and Rosemary Roasted Chicken ~ Family Foodie
- Sauteed Corn Spinach, Bacon and Scallions ~ Comfy Cuisine
- Lasagna with Turkey Meat Sauce~ Meal Planning Magic
- One Pot Arroz con Pollo ~ Juanita’s Cocina
- Sesame Noodles ~ Big Bear’s Wife
- Honey Ginger Soy Chicken ~ The Weekend Gourmet
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares ~ Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Rum laced Fudgy One Pot Brownies ~ Baker Street
- Bacon & Dried Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies ~ Chocolate Moosey
- Birthday Chocolate Cupcakes ~ Basic and Delicious
- Simple Vanilla Cake ~ Mrs. Mama Hen
- Aaron E’s Favorite Apple Coffee Cake ~ Soni’s Food for Thought
- That Skinny Chick Can Bake ~ Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
- Wine Pairing to complement our recipes ~ ENOFYLZ
We will be sharing great family recipes all afternoon and want you to share yours with us! #SundaySupper starts every week at 3:00pm EST by showcasing fabulous recipes. Follow us on twitter by using hashtag #Sundaysupper or using Tweetchat. We love to feature your recipes on our #sundaysupper pinterest board and share them with all our followers.