Garlicky Sirloin Steak for a crowd. So easy to prepare that it gives you more time to enjoy your guests and a glass of wine during a cookout.
Summer is all about being outdoors and BBQ season is upon us! At our house, we’re always looking for an excuse to gather family and friends in the lanai to enjoy those long Summer nights. Living in Florida allows us to grill almost year round and we are pros at barbecuing and enjoying time out of the hot kitchen. There is nothing better than hanging out on our back lanai whether with friends or just the two of us, this is the spot you will find us on most summer evenings.
Many of our family members celebrate birthdays in the summer, including all four of our children and me! I promise that is not a hint – not at all. Summer birthdays are a perfect time to take Sunday Supper outside and have some fun. This recipe for Garlicky Sirloin Steak for a crowd, is so easy to prepare, requires little time marinating and is truly a show stopper.
- 1 large boneless sirloin steak, approximately 3 pounds, trimmed of any surface fat
- 3 minced garlic
- ⅓ cup worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- fresh ground sea salt and pepper
- In a medium bowl whisk the garlic, worcestershire sauce and lemon juice.
- Place the boneless sirloin steak in a resealable plastic bag and pour in the marinade.
- Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly.
- Refrigerate for one hour.
- Remove the steaks from the bag and discard the marinade.
- Let the steak stand at room temperature for approximately 20 minutes.
- Brush the steak with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill over high heat until cooked to desired doneness. Approximately 5 to 6 minutes on each side for medium rare.
- Remove from the grill and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Slice thin on cutting board and serve warm.
When we entertain friends, I like to make things fun, fresh, fast and delicious. I love to wow my guests with delicious food but I also want to spend as much time as I can relaxing around the pool and enjoying their company. I have a routine that is no frills and makes entertaining fun for everyone – even the hostess:
- Choose no more than two things to put on the grill. You don’t want to overwhelm the person that is doing all the grilling by giving them too much to do. In this case, we grilled the steak and potatoes.
- Keep in mind that not everyone is a meat lover like we are. I always try to have a hearty salad that does not include meat but is packed with flavor. Tomato and Mozzarella Salad is always a huge hit.
- Feature a side dish that can be prepared ahead of time, is fresh and seasonal and can also double up as the meal. My all time favorite side dish for summer is corn on the cob. I like to prepare it ahead of time and let it stay warm in the water until our guests arrive. I set up a Corn on the Cob Bar with different topping for the corn including great cheeses like blue cheese and goat cheese. Green onions and of course butter are always a hit.
- I look for food that is seasonal and our local grocer may have on sale. This delicious boneless sirloin steak was on sale and it was cheaper than buying ground beef for burgers and all the toppings.
- Keep the presentation simple but very inviting. We bring our cutting board outback and slice the boneless sirloin and present it right on the cutting board. This saves on time, clean up and it’s just fun.
- When your guests offer to bring something, say yes! For me, I always ask for desserts. I am not a great baker and this takes the stress out of having to think about a dessert everyone will like. Guests like to feel like they are part of it.
- We love featuring two wines to go with our meal selection, a white and a red. This meal was perfectly paired with Gallo Family Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon and Riesling. The rich black fruit and spice of the Cabernet complement the grilled steaks perfectly. And Gallo Family Riesling screams summer nights around the pool with its whispers of honeysuckle, juicy peach, pear and ripe citrus.
- The best tip ever is “Keep It Simple” and enjoy the memories made with family and friends!
Join us tonight at 7 p.m. Sunday on Twitter for live chat about entertaining outdoors. In the meantime, check out today’s recipes, and start your shopping list.
- Buffalo Bread by Feed Me, Seymour
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Wings by Casa de Crews
- Creamy Asparagus Puffs by Brunch with Joy
- Bibimbap Bar by kimchi MOM
- Chicken Satay by Curious Cuisiniere
- Citrus Grilled Chicken Under a Brick by Nosh My Way
- Garlicky Sirloin Steak For A Crowd by Family Foodie
- Grilled Chicken Salad Sandwiches by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Grilled Mediterranean Salmon Burgers with Tzatziki by Simply Healthy Family
- Spicy Shrimp Lettuce Wraps by Take A Bite Out of Boca
Sides and Salads:
- Bacon Strawberry and Farro Salad by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Balsamic Blueberry Salad by Alida’s Kitchen
- Caprese Pasta Salad by One Sweet Mess
- Grilled Rainbow Potato Salad by Shockingly Delicious
- Spicy Watermelon Salad by Ruffles & Truffles
- Tortellini Salad by Magnolia Days
- Coconut Shortcakes with Grilled Pineapple by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Frozen Root Beer Float Pie by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Grilled Peaches with Brioche by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- S’more Cookie Cups by Desserts Required
BBQ Helpful Info:
- 5 Tips for Using BBQ Sauce by Sunday Supper Movement
We love pairing our recipes with Gallo Family Vineyards Wines. Follow them on social media to keep up the latest on wine pairing tips. Here are quick links to Gallo Family Vineyards profiles: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. The Gallo Family Vineyards website has lots of information on their wines plus wine & food pairings and a handy store locator.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards