It seems like just yesterday, I was so worried when my oldest was leaving for college. Letting go, was not an easy task for this momma. It’s been two years since that summer and not only have I survived, I can honestly tell you that it has been a wonderful experience watching Alexandra grow and mature. Who would have ever thought that I would be fortunate enough to have her come back home and work with me this summer? I can not tell you how wonderful this experience has been for us. Although it has only been one month, I am already starting to panic wondering what I will do when she has to return to school.
When creating recipes, I have always been inspired by my children and this recipe is no different. Enoki Mushroom & Pine Nut Quinoa was inspired by Alexandra and a trip to our local international market. We saw the beautiful Enoki Mushrooms while shopping and we knew that we wanted to try them. As we walked a little further down the aisle Quinoa was calling our name. Alexandra loves healthy recipes and neither of us had ever cooked with Quinoa, but we were intrigued. Suddenly Enoki Mushrooms & Pine Nut Quinoa was born.
We were blown away by the fabulous taste in this recipe and quickly made it again in the same week. We have made it with pine nuts and with walnuts, and they are both delicious. The addition of the enoki mushrooms and sweet peppers really took this dish to a new level. Let’s just say, we are border line obsessed with Quinoa now.
- 1 cup quinoa, organic
- 2½ cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup pine nuts or walnuts
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced thin
- 2 sweet peppers, chopped
- 3.5 ounce enoki mushrooms
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in large saucepan
- Add Quinoa and reduce heat to a simmer
- Cover and cook for approximately 20 minutes
- In the meantime, add olive oil to frying pan
- Saute the nuts, green onions and sweet peppers for approximately 15 minutes
- Add the enoki mushrooms and saute for 5 more minutes
- Combine the cooked quinoa and the veggies and serve
This week’s #SundaySupper Event is hosted by Beate from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen. When I tell you I love her blog… I love her blog. Beate is the mother of two girls who both have Classic Galactosemia. Her recipes that she features on her blog are dairy free and whey free but they are absolutely delicious. It was been such a pleasure getting to know Beate through the Sunday Supper Movement, and I just can’t imagine this group without her. We have had so many requests from our followers for gluten free, fat free, allergy free recipes, and it seemed appropriate to have Beate host this week’s Free for All Event. This has proven to be a very fun and popular event, and I am so excited to try so many of these fabulous recipes!
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten, Nut & Soy Free Brown Rice Breakfast Pudding bygirlichef
- Dairy & Nut and Sugar Free Blueberry Tangerine Muffins by Vintage Kitchen
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten, Nut, and Soy Free Homemade Mango Jam Recipe byMasala Herb
- Gluten Free Nothing Missing Manicotti by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Sun-Dried Tomato & Feta Meatballs over Courgette Noodles bySmall Wallet, Big Appetite
- Gluten Free Pizza by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Dairy, Egg & Nut Free Balsamic Portobello Burgers by Curious Cuisinere
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten & Nut Free Mushroom Risotto Bake by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Dairy, Egg & Gluten Free Vegan Mac and “Cheese” by Webicurean
- Dairy, Egg & Nut Free Creamy Mushrooms on Pasta by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Enoki Mushroom & Pine Nut Quinoa by Family Foodie
- Gluten Free Persian Cucumber Yogurt by Shockingly Delicious
- Gluten Free Quinoa with Olives, Basil and Sun-dried Tomatoes by That Skinny Chick Can Bake!!!
- Dairy Free Farro and Fruit Salad by Magnolia Days
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten & Dairy Free Fattoush Salad by From the Bookshelf
- Gluten Free Chickpea Fritters by The Lovely Pantry
- Dairy, Egg, and Gluten Free Black Bean and Mango Salad by Soni’s Food
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten, and Nut Free Grilled Fennel Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Dairy & Gluten Free French Bread by Blueberries and Blessings
- Dairy & Gluten Free Crunchy Almond Sesame Crackers by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Dairy & Gluten Free Individual Chocolate Pavlovas by The Girl in The Little Red Kitchen
- Gluten Free Flourless Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies by Juanita’s Cocina
- Dairy, Egg & Gluten Free Apple Almond Butter Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies with Almond Flour by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Nut Free Lemon Cardamom Wedding Cookies by Gourmet Drizzles
- Dairy Free Chocolate Gelato by Growing Up Gabel
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten & Sugar Free Cantaloupe, Strawberry, & Coconut Gazpacho by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Gluten Free Meringue Kisses with Dulce de Lece by Basic N Delicious
- Dairy & Egg Free Vegan Everyday Chocolate Loaf by Gotta Get Baked
- Gluten, Dairy, and Nut Free Coconut Macaroons by Happy Baking Days
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten & Soy Free Tastes like Chocolate Ice Cream byCookistry
- Gluten Free Mousse & Cookies by Ninja Baking
- Gluten Free Brown Butter Snickerdooles by Pies and Plots
- Dairy, Egg & Soy Free Chai Spice Coconut Ice Cream by Daily Dish Recipes
- Gluten Free Lemonade Dip by The Messy Baker
- Nut & Fat Free Chocolate Angel Food Cake by Table for Seven
- Gluten & Dairy Free Honey Bear Smoothies by Neighborfood
- Sugar Free Strawberry Meyer Lemonade by The Weekend Gourmet
Be sure to come back on Sunday for all the amazing “Free For All” recipes! We would love to have you join our Twitter #SundaySupper chat party starting at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag throughout the day to see the amazing recipes. We look forward to seeing you :). To join all you need to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and please do not forget to include the hashtag in your tweets as well. Be sure to check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more delicious recipes and photos.
Join us in Orlando this summer for our Inaugural Food and Wine Conference.