I love salads. I could eat them every day and honestly, do most days. The only person that I can think of that loves salads more than me is my daughter Alex. This summer, I had the pleasure of working with Alex. It came as quite a surprise to both of us but we really enjoyed working together. Of course, one of the highlights of our work day was always lunch and one of our favorites became the Goat Cheese Craisin Walnut Salad. It’s true the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree, Alex is a foodie just like me.
I love goat cheese and could eat it on almost everything and one of Alex’s favorite toppings is craisins. That was all the inspiration we needed to create this delicious Goat Cheese Craisin Walnut Salad. This is a salad that we turned to time and time again when we took a break from work to break bread together.
It was a summer that I will never forget and I am so thankful to have the opportunity to work with my daughter and share moments of preparing and enjoying salads like this.
Goat Cheese Craisin Walnut Salad – like a Greek Salad but better
- ¾ cup Carbonell extra virgin olive oil or olive oil of your choice
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- Sea salt and ground and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 head of green lettuce
- 1 cucumber peeled and sliced thin
- ¼ cup of red onion diced
- 1 plum tomato diced
- ½ cup goat cheese crumbled
- ¼ cup craisins or dried cranberries
- ¼ cup halved walnuts
- Combine the first 6 salad dressing ingredients in a glass shaker bottle and shake until well blended
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours prior to serving
- Chop the green lettuce into bite size pieces
- Mix the lettuce, cucumber, red onion, tomato in a large bowl
- Remove the dressing from the refrigerator and drizzle over the salad
- Mix until the ingredients are all well coated
- Top with goat cheese, craisins and walnuts