It’s Summer. It’s Hot. One of the hottest we’ve had in a long time, so when Jen from Juanita’s Cocina suggested a Beat the Heat #SundaySupper, I was all over it! I thought it was a great idea and apparently so did everyone else in the #SundaySupper Movement Group. I am so honored, this week we have the highest number of Food Bloggers Participating … 55 participants! Seriously, can you believe it? I am so thrilled and immediately thought of the Greek Yogurt Potato Salad I recently had at my friend Charles’ house. I loved it because it was so creamy and didn’t have mayonnaise, instead it was made with greek yogurt and sour cream.
When my kids loved it, I knew I had to share this great recipe with all of you. They are not big potato salad or mayo lovers but this potato salad got raving reviews. Something else that I love, you can boil or grill the red potatoes. So if you don’t want to be hot in the kitchen, Beat the Heat and Grill out!
Greek Yogurt Potato Salad
- 2 lbs. Red Potatoes
- 1 tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 5.3 oz. Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 scallions – use both green and white parts
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. fresh dill chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme chopped
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 14 oz. can of quartered artichokes (not in oil)
- 2 ribs of celery
- Black Pepper
- 3 tbsp. fresh cilantro chopped
- Slice potatoes into approximately one-inch cubes and place in large pot. Cover with water and salt with 1 tablespoon of salt. Bring to boil and cook 10- 15 minutes. Drain potatoes and place in boil for cooling. Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and place in refrigerator.
- In large bowl combine Greek yogurt, sour cream, scallions, Dijon mustard, dill, thyme, and garlic powder. Stir and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in celery and artichokes into Greek yogurt mixture.
- When potatoes are cool, stir in gently until potatoes are coated with greek yogurt mixture. Garnish with cilantro and chill until ready to serve.
- *If you prefer, potatoes can be grilled instead of boiled.
I am honored to be working with such a talented group of Food Bloggers and Recipe Developers. These recipes will blow you away. We would love to connect with you this Sunday at 3pm EST for this special #SundaySupper event. This Sunday Supper Event has everything you need to host your own Beat The Heat Get-together.
- Refreshing Chunky Shrimp Salsa ~ The Weekend Gourmet
- Totally Cool Green Hummus ~ My Kitchen and I
- Smoked Whitefish Salad Bagel Bites ~ Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Watermelon and Goat Cheese Bites ~ Chelsea’s Culinary Indulgence
- Strawberry Gazpacho ~ Diabetic Foodie
- Grilled Loaded Baked Potato Skins ~ In the Kitchen with KP
- Sweet & Tangy Chili Lime Fruit Salad ~ Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
#BeatTheHeat Salads, Soups, & Sides:
- Cool Cucumber Salad ~ Momma’s Meals
- Lemony Garbanzo Kale Salad with Tuna ~ Shockingly Delicious
- Hungarian Cucumber Salad Recipe – Uborkasaláta Recept ~ The Watering Mouth
- Tomato Salad with Macadamia Cheese ~ Cooking’s Good Vegetarian Cafe
- Char-Grilled Corn Salad ~ The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Summertime Sweet Pea Salad ~ Granny’s Down Home Southern Cooking
- Apple and Poppy Seed Coleslaw ~ Damn Delicious
- Cold Cucumber and Rice Salad ~ Mama.Mommy.Mom
- Chilly Dilly Cucumber Soup with Shrimp ~ Comfy Cuisine
- Mom’s Creamy Pea Salad ~ Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Greek (Yogurt) Potato Salad ~ Family Foodie
#BeatTheHeat Main Dishes:
- Rainbow Slaw with Steak and Chipotle Crema ~ Cooking By The Seat of our Pants
- Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken ~ Make Dinner Easy
- Rolling with Kimbap ~ Kimchi Mom
- Ranch Chicken Tacos ~ Pippi’s In The Kitchen Again
- Serrano Ham, Mozzarella and Arugula Sandwiches ~ Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Slow Cooker Root Beer Pulled Pork ~ Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- No Bake Pizza ~ The Meltaways
- Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream ~ Supper for a Steal
- No-Cook Egg-Free Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream ~ Chocolate Moosey
- Peach Sorbet ~ Magnolia Days
- Icebox Chocolate Pie ~ Doggie at the Dinner Table
- Honey and Elderflower Ice Cream ~ Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Blackberry Lavender Popsicles ~ Girlichef
- Frozen Chocolate Bananas ~ In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Strawberry-Lime Margarita Ice Cream ~ Cookistry
- Elegant Fruit Jellies ~ Happy Baking Days
- Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches ~ That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream ~ Baker Street
- Vanilla Peach Swirl Frozen Yogurt ~ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Espresso and Toasted Almond Semifreddo ~ The Messy Baker
- Mango Ice Cream ~ Queen’s Notebook
- Raspberry Mousse ~ Basic and Delicious
- White Apricot & Honeysuckle Sorbet ~ Family Spice
- Biscoff Ice Cream Cupcakes ~ Juanita’s Cocina
#BeatTheHeat Drinks & Cocktails:
- Shirley Temple ~ Cravings of a Lunatic
- Prickly Pear White Wine Spritzer ~ Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Classic Daquiri ~ Katherine Martinelli
- Salty Lassi ~ Soni’s Food for Thought
- Blueberry Mint Lemonade ~ Pescetarian Journal
- Sweet Basil & Cucumber Melon Smoothie ~ Daily Dish Recipes
Wine Pairings Provided By: ENOFYLZ
Make sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day on Sunday, and at 3:00 p.m. EST for our weekly #SundaySupper Twitter chat! All you have to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, or you can follow us through TweetChat! We’ll be sharing great recipes and tips all afternoon, and we’ll be talking all things #BeatTheHeat during our chat!
We’d also love to feature your recipes on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board and share them with all of our followers!
You will want to follow my friend Jen, the host of this great event, at Juanita’s Cocina. She Rocks and you will love love love her recipes! I promise!