I have had so much fun playing around with great quality finishing sea salts lately. I realized that it can take a just okay dish to an over the top creation with just a little sprinkling. My latest creation, Grilled Hawaiian Sea Salt Tuna Nuggets, is proof that a simply grilled fish can take center stage with the addition of a couple of simple ingredients. And of course, finishing off the dish with a sprinkling of hawaiian sea salt.
Living in Florida, we love to grill year round. Ron and I love hanging out on the lanai with a glass of wine and trying new dishes on the grill. We tend to do a lot of surf and turf at our house because Ron loves meat and I love fish. On a recent evening, we had pork chops and tuna nuggets on the grill and were enjoying Gallo Family Vineyards Merlot and Sweet Wine Blend – two delicious wines that are perfect for summer grill recipes.
Ron really enjoyed pairing the Gallo Family Merlot with the pork chops and I loved the crisp sweet wine blend with this amazing recipe for Grilled Hawaiian Sea Salt Tuna Nuggets. The grilled tuna nuggets just melt in your mouth – they are a beautiful thing served over orzo and arugula salad. They also work well served over rice. Add a great glass of wine and you have a meal that is simple, delicious and memorable!
- 1 pound Tuna Nuggets, if these are not available ask to have Tuna Steaks cut in 3 to make nuggets
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- juice from ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon hawaiian sea salt or great quality finishing salt of your choice
- 2 green onions, chopped
- For finishing
- ½ teaspoon hawaiian sea salt or great quality finishing salt of your choice
- lemon wedges from remaining half lemon
- In a medium size bowl combine tuna nuggets, soy sauce, lemon juice and 1 teaspoon sea salt.
- Refrigerate for ½ hour.
- Fire up the grill to medium high.
- Add the Tuna Nuggets and grill for 2 minutes on all four sides. 8 minutes total.
- Allow an additional 2 to 3 minutes if you like your tuna well done. We prefer ours medium rare.
- Remove from grill and immediately sprinkle with remaining hawaiian sea salt
- Plate over Orzo and Arugula Salad or rice and garnish with lemon slices
SWEET WHITE BLEND – The Sweet White Blend is bursting with peach, tropical fruit and honeydew flavors. Serve chilled with fresh fruit, lights salad and light summer recipes. MERLOT – The full-bodied Merlot is all about taste. It’s tough not to enjoy the blended flavors of black cherry, ripe plum and hints of oak that create a velvety richness. It is the perfect wine for grilled meats and vegetables. Try these wines this summer – we have a $1 off coupon just for you!
- Grilled Brie with Tropical Fruit Compote by girlichef
- Grilled Peach Bruschetta by Peanut Butter and Peppers
Salads and Sides:
- Grilled Caesar Salad by Shockingly Delicious
- Grilled Mushrooms with Merlot Reduction by The Messy Baker
- Asian Pork Lettuce Cups by Magnolia Days
- BBQ Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches by Momma’s Meals
- Cheddar Merlot Burgers by Curious Cuisiniere
- Grilled Chicken with Blueberry-Merlot Sauce by The Weekend Gourmet
- Grilled Hawaiian Sea Salt Tuna Nuggets by Family Foodie
- Grilled Honey Lime Chicken by Alida’s Kitchen
- Grilled Pork Chops with a Strawberry Jam Glaze by Savvy Eats
- Grilled Ribeye with Mushroom Merlot Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Shrimp Skewers with a Sweet White Blend Marinade by Country Girl in the Village
- Merlot Marinated Flank Steak with Spicy Chimichurri by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Pimento Cheese Stuffed Merlot Burger by Yours And Mine Are Ours
- Shish Kabobs in Red Wine Rosemary Marinade by The Dinner-Mom
- Tandoori-style Lamb Chops by kimchi MOM
- Grilled Apple Crisp by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone by Desserts Required
- Vanilla Ice Cream with Grilled Peaches by Hip Foodie Mom
Get connected with Gallo Family on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube for more inspiration, ideas, and updates. Want to incorporate Gallo Family wines into your summer BBQ? Check out Gallo Family Grilling Recipes and check out other wines that are perfect for grill season.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.