I don’t know that anyone has inspired me to cook, more than Sara Moulton. She is one of the first cooking shows that I can remember watching on television. At that time, I had four little ones and would love to sit in the family room, keeping them entertained and planning what to make for dinner. What I loved about Sara was that her ingredients were always simple, not too complicated and I could always count on inspiration for that evenings meal.
I loved introducing my children to new things at a young age and I could remember it was after watching an episode that Sara featured chickpeas that I decided to introduce them to my family. We fell in love with them and to this day adore chickpeas as a side, a main and drool over really good hummus.
I was determined that since I am married to the pickiest human being alive, I would not raise children that way. I wanted my children to try different tastes, textures and foods from different cultures. I love fish and was determined that I would raise children to love fish as well. I can remember watching Sara cook Mahi Mahi for the first time. It was a fish that I had not tried making at home but Sara’s recipe was so simple that I was determined to try it out on my family.
If you haven’t had fresh Mahi Mahi, you must try it. There is nothing fishy about it and it cooks very quickly for a quick weekday supper for the family. Many times we just simply grill the Mahi Mahi and then there are times when I like to get a little more fancy and will add a Garlic Caper Sauce. I can tell you that Grilled Mahi Mahi with Garlic Caper Sauce is one of our absolute favorites that the entire family enjoys time and time again. If you desire to try the Mahi Mahi with the Garlic Caper Sauce, here is the recipe.
- ½ Cup Extra-virgin olive oil
- Four 6-ounce mahimahi steaks, approximately 1 ¾ inches thick
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- High Quality Extra-virgin olive oil to drizzle
- Heat the grill to medium.
- Rub the Mahi Mahi with olive oil and season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place the fish over the medium heat on the grill.
- Grill for 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- When finished, the fish should feel like the fleshy part of your palm.
- Transfer the cooked fish to four serving plates.
- Drizzle with high quality extra-virgin olive oil
- Top with Garlic Caper Sauce if desired. We love it plain or with the sauce
You can imagine how honored I am to feature Sara Moulton during this week’s #SundaySupper. I already adored this woman and having the opportunity to get to know her over the last couple of months, has made me admire and respect her more than words can say. I love that when I spoke to her a couple of days ago, she was getting ready to prepare dinner for her daughter’s birthday. She too is a believer that memories and traditions around the family table are one of the best gifts we can give our families!
Please join me in welcoming Sara Moulton to #SundaySupper this week. Join us at 7pm Eastern Time for this special event. As you can tell, words can not express how thrilled I am to feature Sara and the recipes that have inspired me for years. Sara is going to chat about her favorite recipes, answer questions and share some Julia Child moments. I can’t wait to hear her stories.
We are so excited for this event and want to share recipes from Sara Moulton’s Everyday Family Dinners with all of you. Join the chat and follow the bloggers listed below. Selected bloggers will be giving away a copy of this must have cookbook.
Here are more recipes inspired by Sara Moulton. Some of the bloggers are also hosting a giveaway for Sara’s cookbook. Visit each one to read about their inspiration and for more chances to win:
Breakfast for Dinner:
- Open-faced Zucchini Omelet with Red Bell Pepper and Feta by Granny’s Down Home Sassy Southern Cooking
- Chocolate French Toast with Fresh Strawberry Sauce by Daily Dish Recipes
- Polenta Lasagne by Blueberries and Blessings
- Spicy Korean Cheesesteak by Kimchi MOM
- Chorizo Mushroom Bites by La Cocina de Leslie
- Roasted Ratatouille Crêpes with Goat Cheese by Healthy.Delicious.
- Grilled Chicken and Veggie Pizza by Runner’s Tales
- Clay Pot Vegetable Stew by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Reuben Pizza by Juanita’s Cocina
- Vegetarian Greek Stuffed Zucchini by The Messy Baker Blog
- Manchego, Fig and Bacon Flatbreads by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Kimchi Fried Rice by girlichef
- Gluten Free Mozzarella Pesto Pizza by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Peppery Broccoli with Feta Cheese and Angel Hair Pasta by Hip Foodie Mom
- Chicken Artichoke Piccata by Sustainable Dad
- Reuben Tortilla Pinwheels by Home Cooking Memories
- Deli Style Turkey Reuben Pizza by In The Kitchen with KP
- Grilled Mahi Mahi with Garlic Caper Sauce by Family Foodie
Spectacular Sides and Salads:
- Curried Peas and Black Beans by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chopped Salad with Feta, Chickpeas, and Pita Croutons by Supper for a Steal
- A Summer Salad from Paris by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Caprese Salad with Avocado by Ruffles & Truffles
Don’t Skip Desserts and Drinks:
- Three-Ingredient Pluot Crisp by Shockingly Delicious
- Stuffed Strawberry Dessert by Growing Up Gabel
- Vegan Chocolate Peanut-Butter No Bake Cookies by Killer Bunnies
- Warm Chocolate Cheesecake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Turkish Pistachio and Apricot Bread by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sparkling Watermelon Lemonade by The Urban Mrs.
- Blueberry Crepes by Basic N Delicious
- Nectarine Upside-Down Cake by Magnolia Days
- Cannoli Strawberries by Foxes Love Lemons
- Gluten-Free Carrot Cupcakes by Ninja Baking
- Watermelon Basil Lemonade by Curious Cuisiniere
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement.