Grilled Sirloin Steak with Corn Tomato and Avocado Appetizer is so much fun to serve deconstructed and have everyone add their favorite toppings. Perfect for Father’s Day or any time you are hosting a casual get-together.
A typical Summer weekend at our house includes hanging out on the back lanai swimming and having the kids friends pop in and out. To keep it simple, most weekends, we throw something on the grill, make a salad and some easy side dishes. Steak and potatoes might sound simple, but there are always a few little tricks to make that steak shine. One of the best tips is using Certified Angus Beef. It needs very little preparation and it is a superstar all on its own. Just ask my Dad.
After spending time cooking with the Chefs at Certified Angus Beef this past Fall, I couldn’t wait to get home and try my hand making a special Beef Tenderloin Roast for my family. My parents joined us for dinner and I will never forget my Dad’s reaction the first time he took a bite of the beef tenderloin. Pure joy – he looked at me and said, “this is the best beef I have ever tasted. Better than at any restaurant.”
This Father’s Day, I am grilling delicious Certified Angus Beef Sirloin Steak for my this wonderful man who I am blessed to call my dad. We know he thinks everything I make is the best he has ever tasted or at least he likes to make me think so. But I will tell you, this Grilled Sirloin Steak is so easy to prepare and just melts in your mouth.
This gorgeous Sirloin Steak will stand on its own and paired with some gorgeous summer produce will make for a fantastic Sunday Supper. Since our family loves a casual buffet during special occasions, I took it one step further and I am setting up a Sirloin Steak Appetizer Bar. This is a huge hit with me and the entire family. I love preparing the steak and ahead of time and our family has so much fun coming up with their own toppings.
Summer get-togethers don’t have to be fancy schmancy. Let great food shine and enjoy those moments around the pool.
- 1 teaspoon powdered garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground sea salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon chile powder
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 center cut Certified Angus Beef ® brand sirloin steaks
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 loaf Cocktail Rye bread slices
- 2 avocados, sliced and chopped
- 2 cups fresh corn, cooked and cut from the cob - one ear of corn equals approximately ½ cup.
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1 cup blue cheese or cheese or your choice
- 1 cup cornichons or small pickles. I you can get cornichons, do. They add such a great flavor.
- Preheat the grill on high.
- In a bowl, mix the rub ingredients.
- Allow the steaks to stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes before grilling.
- Brush the steaks with olive oil.
- Season the steaks with the rub, pressing the spices into the meat.
- Grill over direct high heat until cooked to desired doneness, 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium-rare, turning once.
- Let rest for 3 to 5 minutes and slice thin.
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- Layer cocktail rye bread slices on a sheet pan and place in the oven for 2 to 3 minutes until crispy.
- Set up a fun Grilled Sirloin Steak Appetizer bar and let your guests have fun coming up with their favorite combinations.
Recipe adapted from the Weber’s Real Grilling™Cookbook by Jamie Purviance
I serve all the toppings in their own ramekins and in the summer, there is nothing better than fresh corn and tomatoes with steak. Another favorite for us is steak and avocado. I also love adding a strong cheese like blue cheese but also offering a milder version like goat or even shaved parmesan. Don’t be scared, experiment with your own selection and see which toppings your guests enjoy.
Get plenty of inspiration on our Summer Grilling Recipes Pinterest board. I also have great tips on how to plan a fun get-together for a crowd that is stress free and fun for everyone.
Join us for Sunday’s 7 p.m. ET Twitter chat when we talk about all things beef and grilling. In the meantime, here’s a preview of the recipes to come:
- Grilled Sirloin Steak with Corn Tomato and Avocado Appetizer by Family Foodie
- Grilled Steak Crostini with Blue Cheese and Caramelized Onions by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Nicaraguan Style Steak Skewers with Chimichurri by Curious Cuisiniere
Marvelous Main Dishes:
- Bacon Wrapped Balsamic Marinated Sirloin Filet by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Balsamic Burgers by Life Tastes Good
- Beef Kabobs by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Bourbon Caramelized Onion and Blue Burgers by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Brisket Grinder with Smoked Peppers and Caramelized Onions by Whole Food | Real Families
- Caprese Grilled Filet Mignon by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chile-Rubbed Strip Steaks with Chunky Tomato-Avocado Salsa by The Weekend Gourmet
- Cocoa & Coffee Rubbed Beef Kabobs with Roasted Corn Salad by I’m Not the Nanny
- Deliciously Drunken Marinated Steak by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Garlic Ginger Soy Grilled Angus Beef Steak by Shockingly Delicious
- Grilled Bacon & Onion Ribeye Steak Sliders with Beer Cheese by Daily Dish Recipes
- Grilled Ribeye Steaks with Roasted Jalapeno Chimichurri by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Grilled Vegetable Steak Salad by Magnolia Days
- Grilled Tenderloin with Garlic Herb Butter by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sirloin Caesar Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Steak & Quinoa Protein Bowl by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Taco Burgers by Alida’s Kitchen
- 5 Summer Grilling Tips for Fruit by Sunday Supper Movement
More on Certified Angus Beef® brand: Follow them on social media to keep up the latest news and happenings. GAnd here are quick links to Certified Angus Beef’s social media profiles: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube. Use this handy store locator to find places near you to buy Certified Angus Beef® brand.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Certified Angus Beef via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Certified Angus Beef.