This time of year, I love spending time on dishes that are slow roasted or even cooked in the slow cooker all day long. There is nothing better than opening up the door and being greeted by the smell of a delicious roast lazily drifting through the house. Then of course, there is Halloween and who could resist a fun Halloween party? When it comes to planning a party, I am all about the pre-planning and I am excited to share my delicious Halloween Buffalo Ranch Pork Bites recipe. It is perfect for a get together for two reasons – 1. you can make the entire thing ahead of time and just throw it in the oven as your guests are arriving and 2. you can make a big crock pot of Portuguese Spicy Pulled Pork or Teriyaki Pulled Pork to serve as sliders and double up the recipe for this appetizer. Honestly, you can use any pulled pork, even the premade variety sold at your local grocer for this recipe. No judging, when you mix in the buffalo ranch and cheese, no one will know anything different.
October is also a great time of year to break out the red wine and pair with your halloween dishes. I loved pairing this appetizer with Gallo Family Red Moscato. This refreshing, medium-bodied wine was the perfect complement to the spicy Buffalo Ranch Pork Bites recipe. Sweet and Spicy, a match made in heaven as far as I was concerned. Ron is a huge full-bodied Merlot lover and he loved pairing these little pork appetizers with the Gallo Family Merlot. It boasts blended flavors of black cherry, ripe plum and hints of oak that create a velvety richness that pairs perfectly with the cooler Fall weather.
I say, why choose? Sweet or bold, both of these wines are perfect for your adults-only spooky soirée? I promise, your guests will thank you! To find a store that carries Gallo Family Vineyards near you, check out the Where to Buy Tool. Here is a $1 off digital coupon for Gallo Family wines to get planning your halloween wine pairings.
- 1 pound pulled pork
- 1 cup buffalo ranch dressing (if you can not find the ready made, you can combine 1 cup buffalo wing sauce and 1 cup ranch dressing)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 36 wonton wrappers
- Extra ranch dressing to make the web
- Spider rings to decorate
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Combine the pulled pork, buffalo ranch dressing and cheddar cheese in a large saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat and stir until the ingredients are well combined and cheese is melted.
- Place wonton wrappers in small muffin pan and gently push down in the middle to make a cup.
- Add approximately 1 tablespoon of the buffalo ranch pork to the middle of each wonton wrapper.
- Place in the oven and bake for approximately 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and wontons are crispy.
- Add approximately 4 tablespoons ranch dressing to a ziploc bag and cup a small hole in the corner. Make the spider webs by drawing lines over the Buffalo Ranch Pork Bites.
Take a look at the wonderfully spooky Halloween dishes and wine pairings the Sunday Supper family is serving up today! So many great recipes that are perfect for your adult Halloween Party. The only decision left to make is — what to dress up as this halloween? Suggestions?
- Beef Stew with Ghost Dumplings by Momma’s Meals
- Blackened Chicken Legs with Red Beets and Potatoes by Jelly Toast
- Brain Cupcakes with Red Moscato Wine Shooters by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Dracula Wine Jelly by Basic N Delicious
- Gallo Family Red Moscato Cocktail by Flour On My Face
- Ghoulishly Good Red Moscato Punch by The Weekend Gourmet
- Halloween Buffalo Ranch Pork Bites by Family Foodie
- Meringue Bones with Raspberry Sauce by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mummy Calzone by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Poison Apple Pomegranate Sangria by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Pumpkin Chili by The Foodie Army Wife
- Red Moscato Candied Apples by The Messy Baker
- Red Moscato Spider Sangria by Run DMT
- Red Velvet Cake Eye Balls by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Red Wine Caramel and Chocolate Apples by Ruffles & Truffles
- Roasted Garlic Hummus by Alida’s Kitchen
- Smoked Trout Pate Spider Bites by Shockingly Delicious
- Steak Bites with Bloody Maria Dipping Sauce by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Witches Blood Risotto by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Zombie Bite Wine Slushies by Feed Me, Seymour
For more information on Gallo Family Vineyards wines and menu pairing ideas, visit their website (where you can also find a store locator). While you’re there, browse more great frightfully fun entertaining recipes! Get connected with Gallo Family on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube for more ideas and updates.
And don’t forget… we want you save those 187mL caps to help end senior hunger. For the 5th year, our Every Cork Counts program invites Americans to send back their corks and capsules to benefit the Meals On Wheels Association of America. Every cork or capsule collected garners $1 for Meals on Wheels, and it’s easy to donate! Visit GalloFamily.com for more details.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.