We have a tradition at our home. We celebrate all special occasions by starting our day with homemade pancakes. We celebrate birthday’s, graduations, promotions and any thing else you can think of with pancakes. My recipe is very basic but my kids will tell you that I make the best pancakes in the world. It’s Riley’s Birthday and this morning I surprised him with not my ordinary pancakes but Happy Birthday Pancakes.
He was so excited about these pancakes! It made me realize that so little means so much to our kids. It is those little things that we do that create memories to last a lifetime! Do you make Happy Birthday Pancakes at your house? What are your special traditions that mean so much to your children?
Happy 11th Birthday Riley! No matter how old you are, you will always be my baby!
Happy Birthday Pancakes
- 2½ Cups Flour
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 Cups Milk
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ¼ Cup melted butter
- Your favorite Sprinkles
- Mix until smooth and bubbles form at the top.
- Laddle batter onto skillet. I love to use a large electric skillet.
- Add sprinkles.
- Flip when the top is filled with bubbles.
- Tip: Warm your syrup before serving
- I promise, once you try making these homemade pancakes, you will never, ever pick up the boxed kind again…