If you have been following #SundaySupper for a while, you know that we love to celebrate and have a great time. We don’t believe in sitting around the family table in silence while we eat, we like our family table to be full of life, giggles and good times! We have been known to add a leaf to the table in order to enjoy the company of family and friends.
This week, The Sunday Supper Family is celebrating Hearty Burgundy’s 50th Birthday with Gallo Family Vineyards. To commemorate this incredible milestone, Gallo Family Vineyards is producing a limited edition Hearty Burgundy, which has a celebratory 50th anniversary label and a throwback wine blended to match as closely as possible to the original Hearty Burgundy blend. This red blend stays true to its roots and pays homage to the Hearty Burgundy style that Ernest and Julio Gallo first brought to the American dinner table in the 1960’s and 1970’s.
Wine Critic Robert Blazer noted that “Gallo Hearty Burgundy is the best wine value in the country today.” as it outscored both California and French reds for The Time Board of Oenologists. At the time, Gallo Hearty Burgundy was scored against wines double and triple its price!
As you can imagine, The Sunday Supper Family was quite honored to be invited to take part in the special celebration of Hearty Burgundy’s 50th Birthday. So we went all out — by creating our favorite recipes featuring the birthday wine, Hearty Burgundy.
We would love to have all our friends join us for this special birthday celebration. We will be sharing tasty recipes featuring Hearty Burgundy all day Sunday and then celebrating at 7pm EST on Twitter. Join the fun by grabbing a glass of wine, following along, and using hashtag #SundaySupper.
This limited edition Hearty Burgundy will be available on the shelves of your local retailers this month. To find a retailer near you, click here. Visit Gallo’s website or connect with via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube.
You are going to love this week’s Sunday Supper Recipes:
- Fruity Burgundy Sangria by Shockingly Delicious
- Beef Burgundy in Puff Pastry by Webicurean
- Beef Burgundy Pasta by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Burgundy Mushroom Sauce over Beef by The Dinner-Mom
- Classic Coq au Vin by Foxes Love Lemons
- Cornish Beef Pasties with Burgundy Gravy by Neighborfood
- Hearty Burgundy and Chocolate Chili by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Hearty Burgundy Beef Stew by Yours And Mine Are Ours
- Majestic Burgundy Mushrooms & Cookie Cups with Burgundy Cream by NinjaBaking.com
- Mushroom Bolognese Kale Lasagna by Alida’s Kitchen
- Oeufs en Meurette by Curious Cuisiniere
- Pollo Alla Cacciatorra (Hunter-Style Chicken) by The Foodie Army Wife
- Red Wine Braised Short Ribs with Polenta by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Roasted Salmon with Burgundy-Balsamic Glaze by girlichef
- Sausage & Mushroom Ragu by The Messy Baker
- Sausages in Burgundy Sauce with Mushrooms by Soni’s Food
- Slow Cooker Bolognese Sauce with Pappardelle by Hip Foodie Mom
- Slow Cooker Hearty Burgundy Wine Pork Roast by Family Foodie
- Berry Burgundy Sorbet by Magnolia Days
- Red Wine Cherry Chocolate Bars by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter every Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.