I am one of those people that loves to plan for the holidays. I love trying new recipes and really enjoy making our holiday meal feel special when everyone sits down at the table. But I also like to make our festivities stress free and a very relaxing environment. So I look for dishes that I can prep ahead of time and ingredients that are fresh and don’t require much fussing. We also like to sit around the family table for a while and enjoy the conversation and we like to serve a variety of courses. I love featuring items that are not too heavy and filling. This Holiday Beef Tenderloin with Sweet Potatoes , Tomatoes and Corn is the perfect dish that fits the description of what holidays are all about at our house.
Before you give me all the credit for this amazing recipe, I have a confession. I had the honor to being invited to spend three days in Wooster, Ohio with the Certified Angus Beef ® brand. It was an amazing experience that I will never forget. And as you can imagine, my favorite part was spending time in the kitchen developing new recipes. I learned so much from the chefs at Certified Angus Beef ® brand. I can’t wait to share all the great tips with you. This is the first of many recipes and it is a keeper. Talk about delicious yet stress free — this recipe is not only visually pleasing, the beef tenderloin will melt in your mouth.
I love this recipe for many reasons, but most of all, it’s simplicity and how it incorporates fresh ingredients that are sure to lighten up the holidays. It requires quite a bit of prep before the dish is cooked but it is a wonderful dish that can be popped in the oven the day of and makes for a fantastic presentation.
I am not done with you yet — I will share what to do with leftovers of this delicious beef tenderloin or better yet, how to double this deliciousness and make it two dishes! Oh yeah — Just.You.Wait.
This week’s event is hosted by Kathia of Basic N Delicious. Although this dish is the bomb when it comes to lightened up dishes, the Sunday Supper crew is bringing many more fantastic recipes to the family table! You will want to check them out because I tell you — we have one talented group of tastemakers!
- Lightened Up Eggnog by The Redhead Baker
- Low Calorie Pumpkin Pie Malted Milkshake by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
Appetizer or starter
- Carciofi alla Trapanese by Manu’s Menu
- Fresh Salmon Carpaccio by Food Lust People Love
- Gruyere Cheese Puffs by Sustainable Dad
- Lightened Up Cornbread Stuffing by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Lighten-up Sausage Rolls by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Pesto Spaghetti Squash with Shrimp by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Spicy Eggplant Dip by Cooking Chat
- Sweet Apple Bites by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole by Having Fun Saving
- Grandma’s Mac n’ Cheese by What Smells So Good?
- Holiday Beef Tenderloin with Sweet Potatoes, Tomatoes and Corn by Family Foodie
- Lean Mean Cheeseburger Soup by The Foodie Army Wife
- Lightened-Up Fettuccine Alfredo by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Mini Mushroom Shepherd’s Pies by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Roasted Parsnip and Apple Soup by Curious Cuisiniere
- Slow Cooker Roasted Butternut Squash & Chicken Sausage Soup by Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Turkey Roulade with Mushroom Stuffing and Blueberry Thyme Gravy by Food Done Light
- Almond-Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Broccoli by The Texan New Yorker
- Butternut Squash Orzo Pasta by Life Tastes Good
- Cranberry Orange Glazed Green Beans by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Farro Stuffing with Cranberries and Walnuts by The Dinner-Mom
- Greek Village Salad by Peaceful Cooking
- Green Beans with Rosemary Garlic Butter by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Healthier Potluck Broccoli-Cauliflower Salad by The Weekend Gourmet
- Hearts of Palm, Artichoke, Avocado and Butter Lettuce by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Honey Ginger Glazed Carrots by Ruffles & Truffles
- Leaner Green Beans by Noshing With The Nolands
- Lentil & Mushroom Stuffing by Foxes Love Lemons
- Mediterranean Lentil Stuffed Delicata Squash by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Quick and Easy Sweet Potato by The Educators’ Spin On It
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts by Brunch with Joy
- Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Mash by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Shrimp Salad with White Wine Vinaigrette by eating in instead
- Spiced Tri-Colored Carrot Salad by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Tangy, Spiced Red Cabbage by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Turkey and Roasted Cauliflower Stuffed Acorn Squash by annaDishes
- The Blondie Recipe by Wallflour Girl
- Cinnamon Roll Granola Bars by Pies and Plots
- Healthy Brownie Recipe | Applesauce Brownies by The Perfect Brownie
- Individual Cheesecakes by Nosh My Way
- Light and Luscious Chocolate Cheesecake by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Lightened Oat Flax Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Blondie #GlutenFree by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Peanut Butter Coconut Mini by BarsBasic N Delicious
- Pumpkin Pie Pudding by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Skinny Ninja Cheesecake by NinjaBaker.com
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.