It’s official – the Holidays are upon us! There is nothing better than the memories that are made around the family table this time of year. I am a big believer in a stress free Holiday season and love creating memories with ingredients that are simple, nutritious and delicious. One of my absolute favorite staples to have on hand during the Holidays is nuts.
Nuts are a fantastic because not only are they delicious, they pair so well with cheese, honey, fruit and of course wine. I love stocking my pantry during the Holidays to include a variety of nuts — it’s the perfect ingredient to keep on hand when family and friends pop in to say hey! You can put together an impressive nut platter, pop open a bottle of wine and look like you have it all together — or so I like to think.
My top 5 Tips for Easy Holiday Entertaining with Nuts:
1. Mix up your flavor of nuts and wow your guests! While our family favorites are traditional Planters Cashews and Planters Mixed Nuts, there are so many amazing flavors. Have you tried Planters Salted Caramel, Chipotle, Cocoa and Smoked Peanuts? Such great combination of flavors that your friends and family will love.
2. Planters Nuts and Cheese make for an tasty combination — it is the perfect appetizer. Try mixing up strong cheeses with sweet nuts and mild cheeses with salty nuts. The flavor combinations are part of the fun.
3. It truly is all about the simple things in life. Planters Nuts and apples are just fantastic — add some honey or fig jam and you have a gourmet creation without the work.
4. Is there anything better than chocolate and nuts? I say No Way! This tip will take your nuts platter to a whole new level. You can just add chunks of your favorite chocolate or make your own nutty chocolate bars. Place your favorite small chocolate bar in the microwave for 15 to 20 seconds on a plate. remove and add the nuts on top. Press down to keep them in place. Try some of the salty combinations and keep your guest wondering how you made those delicious bars.
5. I love using nuts in between courses. They are nutritious and a perfect way to transition from course to course, keeping your guests busy while you prepare and plate the next course. Keep it simple and make a gorgeous Nut Platter and pass it around the table or you can give everyone their own little shot glass filled with nuts at each place setting.
I know I said 5 tips but #6 is the most important one — have fun and create memories around the family table that will last a lifetime. That’s what the Holidays are all about.
Don’t forget to put out the good stuff this holiday season! With their unique combination of good fats, dietary fiber, and vitamins and minerals, nuts make a deliciously powerful addition to any holiday festivity.
Check out more tips for Holiday Entertaining with Nuts here and make any party a little classier. Follow Planters Peanuts on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube – Mr. Peanut is full of entertaining ideas and tips!
I am nuts over nuts and I am excited to write this post sponsored by Planters Peanuts. All opinions are my own.