To say I am a little excited about this week’s #SundaySupper event is an understatement. After years of breaking bread virtually every Sunday, 20 of the Sunday Supper bloggers have the opportunity to sit around the family table in the same room and enjoy Sunday Supper together. Do you have any idea how exciting that is for us? Not only that, we are enjoying a full weekend at theCertified Angus Beef® brand Education and Culinary Center learning about beef photography, styling and so much more. Did I mention we the beef-cooking classes and over the top meals prepared by their talented chefs?
A little about this recipe – as you all know, my boys love their beef. And while I have prepared Holiday Tenderloin Roasts, I had never prepared a prime rib. Truth be told, I was a little hesitant to give this piece of meat a try. I don’t know what it was about this cut of meat that I found so intimidating? When Certified Angus Beef® brand developed Roast Perfect, a free app that includes everything you need to choose and perfectly prepare special occasion and everyday beef roasts, I knew it was time to go for it. This app is totally the bomb and makes it easy to figure out how much beef you will need to purchase depending on the number of people you are hosting and most importantly how long to cook your roast depending on level of desired doneness.
Off to my favorite Italian Market I went looking for the perfect piece of Certified Angus Beef Ribeye Roast. I love the friendly butchers at Mazzaro’s Market, they have never steered me wrong. I do have to admit that on this particular day, when the roast was sitting on the scale, I questioned if this was a perfect roast. I couldn’t get over the fat in the middle of the ribeye. My butcher reassured me that the this bit of fat would add delicious flavor to the prime rib.
I followed the directions to the prime rib exactly as the Roast Perfect app instructed and it was perfection. The only thing I changed up just a bit was the rub. I love a good garlic and paprika rub for my roasts. One bite and my boys gave my first prime rib a perfect 10. They absolutely loved it! Although when asked which roast they would like to see at this year’s Christmas table, last year’s Holiday Beef Tenderloin still had their vote.
- 1 8 pound Certified Angus Beef boneless ribeye roast (Prime Rib)
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons spanish paprika (do not use smoked paprika)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450º F.
- Combine the kosher salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder. Season the roast on all sides.
- Cover with plastic wrap and leave in the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator and bring to room temperature. Approximately one hour.
- Place on a roasting rack, fat side up, and roast for approximately 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325º F and continue roasting approximately 2.25 hours for medium (when thermometer registers 135-140 F before resting) or until desired doneness.
- Transfer roast to cutting board, loosely tent with foil and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Slice roast across the grain.
During my visit at the Certified Angus Beef Culinary center, we had lots of opportunities to spend time with the chefs and ask them questions. I mentioned my concerns regarding my ribeye, not to question my butcher, but I wanted to put my mind at ease. Chef Peter informed me that this is known as “star fat” and it is actually the superstar of the show because it is packed with flavor. Going towards the fat is more flavor. You can cut out this area when serving the prime rib and the meat around it will melt in your mouth. My boys would agree!Follow hashtags #SundaySupper and #RoastPerfect on Twitter, Instagram, and Periscope all weekend long. Join this special Holiday #SundaySupper at 7 p.m ET Sunday. There’s more, everyone participating in the live chat will have a chance to win a Le Creuset roasting pan set and a 6-pound boneless prime rib roast in a special Sunday Supper event. For details on the giveaway and how to enter, go to Sunday Supper Movement.
As part of the live event, the Sunday Supper tastemakers are sharing beef roasting recipes perfect for special occasion entertaining and family dinners.
- Apple Cider Dijon Marinated Tip Roast by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Beef Pot Roast by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Beef Roast and Cabbage by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Boliche (Cuban Stuffed Roast) by Magnolia Days
- Boneless Rib Roast with Roasted Garlic and Herbs by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Sirloin Roast with Red Wine Onion Gravy by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Coffee Rubbed Roast Beef by Eat Picks
- Fennel and Herb Crusted Beef Tenderloin by Casa de Crews
- Garlic and Herb Crusted Ribeye Roast with Red Wine Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Herb & Garlic Crusted Roast by The Melrose Family
- Garlic Roast Beef by Life Tastes Good
- Herbed Rotisserie Rib Roast with Portobello Mushroom Gravy by The Educators’ Spin On It
- Holiday Ribeye Roast by Family Foodie
- Miso Glazed Standing Rib Roast au Jus by kimchi MOM
- Mustard Crusted Roast Beef by Curious Cuisiniere
- Peppercorn Crusted Standing Rib Roast with Red Wine Au Jus by Food Done Light
- Petite Sirloin Roast Chasseur (Hunter’s Style) by Palatable Pastime
- Pomegranate Balsamic Glazed Prime Rib by I’m Not the Nanny
- Ribeye Roast with Harissa by Shockingly Delicious
- Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Fresh Herb Crust and Horseradish Cream by Midlife Road Trip
Plus Tips for Selecting the Perfect Roast by Sunday Supper Movement
More on Certified Angus Beef® brand: Follow them on social media to keep up the latest news and happenings. Here are quick links to Certified Angus Beef’s social media profiles:
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Certified Angus Beef® brand via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are mine, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Certified Angus Beef® brand .