This time of year, the Sunday Supper Movement seems to have even more meaning than usual and I am overcome with emotions thinking about our beginnings and how we have grown over the past two years.
To me, December is all about reflections, family and holiday traditions.
Just last night, I was once again reminded how important the family table is in our home. There is something so special when all the chairs around our kitchen table a filled. My daughter is home from college for the holidays and she brought her boyfriend with her. Our table was not only full with food, it was filled with love. As I stepped away, I couldn’t help but smile as I listened to the laughs coming from the other room. Our dinner menu was a common one for us, salmon, steak, smashed potatoes and salad. For some reason, it tasted extra delicious because all the seats around the family table were filled.
Just like the kitchen table in our home, the Sunday Supper Movement is full of not only recipes, but also traditions. We love welcoming new faces to our Sunday Supper family table. It is so hard for me to believe that many of the contributors in our group have been together for almost two years. When I look back and reminisce at over 100 #SundaySupper events that are now reaching an audience of over 2 million weekly followers — I am overwhelmed with emotion. The tradition of the Sunday Supper Movement has not only touched the lives of our contributors but those of our followers. It is music to my ears when I open an email and I see these words in print, “I want to say that knowing you has inspired me to step up my family cooking game even more – thank you!”
I am once again adding another leaf to our large table and welcoming Gallo Family Vineyards Around the Sunday Supper Family Table. The Gallo family has built their business around family and traditions. Since brothers Ernest and Julio Gallo began to turn their dream into reality over 80 years ago, the roots of the Gallo family tree have extended deep into the Winery. Today their children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren work in the Winery, carrying on the family tradition and values – a strong work ethic, a drive for perfection and a focus on quality.
The Gallo family still believes family ownership is the most effective way for the Winery to continue as a world leader in the wine industry. Today, E. & J. Gallo Winery is the world’s largest family-owned winery and the largest exporter of California wine. Just like the Sunday Supper Team, Gallo believes family is more than simply a group of relatives. It’s anyone you share a common bond with. And today, you don’t just have one family. You have many. Whether it’s your blood relatives, best girlfriends, your co-workers, or those you virtually break bread with. These are your other families. And it’s about time we celebrated them with their own family crest!
Our contributors have had such a fun this week coming up with beautiful recipes around two of the Gallo Family Vineyards Wines, Moscato and Cabernet Sauvignon. Not only did we have fun cooking with wine, we wanted to share with you some of our favorite Holiday Traditions and Recipes. Wait until you see some of these recipes — they are out of this world!
- Clementine, Whiskey & Wine Cocktail by Foxes Love Lemons
- Mandarin Spice Mulled Wine by girlichef
- Cabernet-Shallot Mushroom Cheeseburgers by The Weekend Gourmet
- Crock Pot Beef Bourguignon by The Dinner-Mom
- Easy Cranberry Bacon Stuffing by Momma’s Meals
- Fettuccine with Italian Sausage and Mascarpone by The Foodie Army Wife
- Family Fondue by kimchi MOM
- Lemon White Wine Green Beans & Mushrooms by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Linguine with Spicy Red Clam Sauce by Supper for a Steal
- Moscato Baked Stuffed Pork Chops by Webicurean
- Moscato Orange Chicken with Olives by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Moscato Stone Crab Scampi by Family Foodie
- Mushroom Risotto by The Messy Baker
- Portabellas Stuffed with Cabernet Onions and Gorgonzola by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Red Wine Risotto by Shockingly Delicious
- Short Ribs With Pasta by Magnolia Days
- Pomegranate White Wine Panna Cotta by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Fudgy Red Wine Brownies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Red Wine Chocolate Cake by Alida’s Kitchen
- Red Wine Velvet Cake by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.