Have you ever had a cookbook that you just love… the recipes almost became a part of the family? You know it so well that you start to feel like you have connected with the author. That’s how I feel about Cristina Ferrare and her recipes. I was given her Cookbook, Family Entertaining Celebrating the Life of the Home, shortly after Reis was born and have enjoyed cooking from it ever since.
When I opened the first pages years ago and saw that it was dedicated to her Nony, I immediately fell in love. Cristina honored her Nony, “All her life she has loved her family, friends, cooking and eating.” It was at a time in my life when I was ready to cook more and share the world with my family through our meals. I had a one year old, 4 year old and 6 year old and was starting to truly understand the importance of time Around the Family Table.
One of the first recipes I tried was Chicken Piccata. I can not begin to tell you how many times my family has enjoyed this recipe and continues to crave it since that day. This recipe has grown up with my family. I now serve my version over pasta so I add Chicken Broth to make more sauce.
I was thrilled when Cristina and I recently connected and felt like I was reunited with an old friend. I called Cristina prior to my Saturday morning ritual, the Farmer’s Market. I love to be inspired by seasonal foods every week and to my surprise, Cristina answered the phone and said, “I am so glad you called before I left for the Saturday Market.” Our conversation continued around our families and mutual love for time Around the Family Table. Just like her Nony, her love for her family, friends, cooking and eating is apparent when you speak to her. Cristina was more wonderful in person than I even imaged through her recipes!
I am honored to be breaking bread Around the Family Table with Cristina and to share recipes from her second Cookbook, Big Bowl of Love. As much as I love the original, Big Bowl of Love has won my heart over. I was excited to share this fabulous cookbook with the talented Food Bloggers and Recipe Developers from our Sunday Supper Group. They were as excited about Cristina’s recipe style as I was. These gals are passionate about cooking and when you get a thumbs up from them, you know you’ve hit a home run!
We are honored to add a leaf to our table and share Cristina’s Recipes with you during #SundaySupper this week. What do you think of our favorites?
- Tomato Mozzarella Tower with Shallot Bacon Dressing, Chicken Marsala with Angel Hair Pasta and melon Medley with Lemon Sorbet The Primlani Kitchen
- Roasted Beet Wild Arugula with Goat Cheese Salad Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Pesto Pasta Katherine Martinelli
- Spaghetti and Meatballs Juanita’s Cocina
- Sea Bass with Soy Glaze and Cucumber Salsa Beetles Kitchen
- Chicken Picatta Over Pasta Family Foodie
- Grilled Orange-Ginger Chicken Breasts Supper for a Steal
- Seafood Risotto Magnolia Days
- Fall Off The Bone Chicken Thighs Lovely Pantry
- Risotto with Fresh Peas and Asparagus Big Bears Wife
- Salad Dressing BG Garden
- Strawberry Shortcake German Foodie
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies Mrs Mama Hen
- Cheesecake with Fresh Berries The Messy Baker
- Rice Pudding Rambling Notebook
- Strawberry Shortcake That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Flourless Chocolate Cake Baker Street
- Brownies Rich and Chocolaty Daily Dish Recipes
Our recipes will be perfectly paired with wine chosen by Wine Every Day.
Join us this week and break bread us! We love your recipes, tips and inspiration and love connecting with new friends. The fun starts at 3pm EST and lasts all afternoon until dinner time and sometimes beyond. All you have to do is follow the hashtag #sundaysupper on twitter or follow along on TweetChat. There is always room Around the Family Table for you.