A fun way to spend time together as a family enjoying great food and the company. Bring on the flatbread bar. This Italian Hoagie Flatbread is packed with flavor and it’s a great way to bring the family together.
The holiday season is upon us. There’s just something amazing about the holidays. This year, it’s during the holiday season that our family is once again reunited around the family table. Somehow decorating the Christmas Tree together has more meaning. We can’t wait to have everyone back home to celebrate our favorite season and we truly cherish family time. Any time we’re able to create a delicious dish and spend time together is a great time!
While we love having our fancy dinner menu, we also love having fun hanging around the family room enjoying each others company. flatbread have become a big tradition at our house for the holidays. They are so fun and delicious and this Italian Hoagie Flatbread takes me right back to my days growing up in North Jersey. So, it is not the traditional hoagie or sub but it is pretty darn delish. I may even be so daring as to say it is better than the original.
The holidays are about traditions and memories… may this holiday season bring you many memories around the family table! Flatbreads are such a great treat that the entire family can enjoy. We loved pairing our Italian Hoagie Flatbread with Gallo Family Hearty Burgundy. Hearty Burgundy’s well-balanced fruit and subtle hints of oak pair well with the bold and layered flavors of this flatbread.
- 2 large rectangular flatbread (homemade or flatout)
- ½ cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 4 slices of peppers, I like to mix up colors but green peppers work great
- 4 slices of capicola, sliced thin
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 2 cups of arugula
- 4 tablespoons Italian dressing
- Fresh ground pepper and sea salt to taste
- parmesan cheese to shave on top
- Preheat oven to 300º F
- Place flatbread on a pizza pan or flat baking sheet
- Sprinkle shredded cheese evenly over the flatbread
- Add the peppers
- Bake for 5 minutes
- Remove and add the the capicola and prosciutto
- Bake for an additional 3 minutes or cheese is bubbling and flatbread is crispy
- Remove from oven and let the flatbreads cool for 2-3 minutes
- Add arugula and drizzle italian dressing
- Season with salt and pepper and shaved parmesan cheese on top
- Using pizza cutter slice into 4 slices each and enjoy a fun and casual meal
It’s a pleasure to have Gallo Family Vineyards around the family table to celebrate wine and food, a match made in foodie heaven. The Sunday Supper tastemakers have developed appetizer, main course and dessert recipes and paired them with their favorite wines for the holidays.
Fancy or simple, however you entertain, you’ll love this week’s recipes. Join us at 7 p.m. ET Sunday for our holiday celebration. We will be chatting live on Twitter and you can join by following the hashtag #SundaySupper.
- Bacon Pineapple Jalapeño Cheese Ball from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Baked Brie with Cranberries & Almonds from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Best Bar Nuts from Shockingly Delicious
- Lamb Seekh Kebabs from Soni’s Food
- Mediterranean Turkey Pita Bites from Magnolia Days
- Roasted Garlic Onion Dip from Food Done Light
- Roasted Cranberry Crostini from Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Slow Cooker Queso Blanco with Salsa Verde from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Spicy Shrimp and Roasted Pepper Cheese Crostini from Fearless Dining
- Italian Hoagie Flatbread from Family Foodie
- Roast Duck with Mole Sauce from Curious Cuisiniere
- Seafood Cannelloni from Palatable Pastime
Desserts and Sweets:
- Caramel Bread Pudding from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Chocolate Cups Filled with Cinnamon Pastry Cream and Berries from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Chocolate Dipped Cheesecake Bites from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse from Life Tastes Good
- Cranberry Orange Walnut Truffles from Desserts Required
- Cranberry Panna Cotta from The Freshman Cook
- Crustless Pumpkin Pie with Orange Scented Whipped Cream from Recipe for Perfection
- Dark Cherry Chocolate Cheese Danish from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Plus don’t miss the Seasonal Wine Pairing Tips by Sunday Supper Movement.
Need more inspiration for holiday traditions? Check out Gallo Family Vineyards’ blog.
Gallo Family Vineyards is supporting Meals on Wheels America to improve the health and quality of life for the seniors they serve. For the sixth year, Gallo Family Vineyards invites Americans to help end senior hunger and isolation with its annual Every Cork Counts™ program. Gallo Family Vineyards is donating $1 for every cork submitted through its website or by snail mail. You can also participate by sending a photo of your cork to the website.
More on Gallo Family Vineyards: Follow them on social media to keep up the latest on their happenings and wines. Here are quick links to GFV’s profiles: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. The Gallo Family Vineyards website has lots of information on their wines plus wine & food pairings and a handy store locator.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are my own, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards