Oh my goodness, are these Lemon and Raspberry Cookies gorgeous or what? To me, it is the perfect cookie. Not too sweet, and the combination of the lemon and raspberry is out of this world. Before you get too impressed, I have a confession… these weren’t made by me, but friend Tara from Noshing with the Nolands. Tara is one of our talented Sunday Supper contributors and I just love her blog. It is one of the places I visit when I am looking for cooking, crafts and seasonal ideas. Thank you Tara, I can’t wait to sit down with a cup of coffee and enjoy these tasty Lemon Raspberry Cookies.
When Isabel asked for a guest post for her beautiful blog I was happy to help out. I couldn’t decide what cookie to make for her so I just started baking. I have made these little Lemon Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies before and they are so good. When I was making them I thought I would check and see who had originally made these and low and behold it is Emeril. Well you all know how much Isabel loves Emeril so it was a no brainer to share this recipe here today.
I have met Isabel through her wonderful #SundaySupper and so look forward to joining every week I can. She is a kind, caring and patient person to provide you with this mission week after week. A true statement of who she is and what she cares about.
I originally got this recipe from a friend of mine as she told me they were so good. I love little thumbprints but the lemon and raspberry together was so appealing to me. I have now made them for a few years and totally love them. I hope you make them too and enjoy them as much as we do.
- ½ cup raspberry jam
- 1 Tbsp. Kirsch or Chambord
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare two baking sheets by spraying with cooking spray.
- Mix Kirsch and jam together in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a bowl of a standup mixer with a paddle attachment cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, lemon zest and juice and the vanilla. Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the butter mixture in 2 additions and mix well. Gather the dough up into a ball.
- Roll into 1″ balls and place on the prepared baking sheets approx. 1″ apart. Using your index finger make a large dent in the center of the cookie and fill each with a ½ tsp. jam mixture. Bake for 20 min. until golden brown. Cool on cooling racks. Freeze well also.
Kid Ratings: Ronnie 9, Reis 9, Riley 9.5