The thing I love best about Sunday afternoon is the fact that it is the one day that I have time to test new recipes. You know, the ones that you have been wanting to try but aren’t quite sure what ingredients you will be adding. It’s my time to play in the kitchen and add a little bit of this and tad of that. In my foodie world, these recipes start with an idea and become a work of art as I go along.
This recipe for Lemon Rosemary Moscato Chicken was created on one of those Sunday afternoons. I found myself alone in the kitchen and at our home, this is a very rare occasion. When I get the house to myself, I love to pour myself a glass of wine and cook!
I had just received three beautiful bottles of Gallo Family Vineyards Moscato – White, Pink and Red. I opened the White Moscato first and immediately fell in love with the refreshing peach and honey flavors. It was the perfect glass of wine for a Sunday afternoon. I had chicken thighs in the fridge and inspired by this wine, created this recipe for Lemon Rosemary Moscato Chicken.
By the time everyone came home for Sunday Supper that evening, the house smelled amazing. We enjoyed this chicken over creamy parmesan orzo and let the amazing Moscato sauce take over the pasta. Big smiles all the way around, especially when I brought out the Flan in Moscato Wine Sauce.
Yep! This is what happens when I have an afternoon to myself in the kitchen, dessert is included in our Sunday Supper.
- 6 skin-on chicken thighs
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 large sprigs rosemary, leaves stripped and chopped
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup white moscato wine
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ lemon
- additional lemon slices and rosemary for garnish
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Loosen the skin on the chicken thighs creating a pocket.
- Arrange 1 sliced garlic clove and some chopped rosemary under the skin.
- Place in oven proof baking dish.
- Brush the chicken with olive oil.
- Season the chicken with sea salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the paprika evenly over the chicken thighs.
- Add the wine and chicken stock to the bottom of the baking dish.
- Squeeze the lemon half over the chicken.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes, until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
- Serve over orzo pasta or rice.
- Add additional lemon slices or rosemary for garnish.
Appetizers and Mains:
- Lemon Rosemary Moscato Chicken by Family Foodie
- Moscato Meatball Skewers by Melanie Makes
- Pork Roast with Peach Moscato Sauce by Magnolia Days
- Pork with Moscato Sauce & Veggies by Momma’s Meals
Beverages, Breakfast, and Sweets:
- Blackberry Bellinis by The Foodie Army Wife
- Blackberry Almond Cake with Moscato Zabaione by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Individual Plum Crumbles with Moscato Syrup by Neighborfood
- Mandarin Orange Tart by NinjaBaking.com
- Mango Moscato Sorbet by Webicurean
- Mexican Chocolate Ganache Cake by MealDiva
- Mixed Berry Moscato Gelees by Alida’s Kitchen
- Moscato Gelée with Strawberry Compote by kimchi MOM
- Olive Oil Cake with Strawberry-Red Moscato Sorbet and Moscato Zabaglione by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Overnight Peaches and Cream Stuffed French Toast by In The Kitchen With KP
- Peachy Apricot Moscato Cake with Moscato Whipped Cream by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pink Moscato Cupcakes + Citrus Moscato Sangria by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pink Moscato Strawberry Shortcake by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Raspberry Moscato Sangria by The Messy Baker
- Strawberry Pink Moscato Ice Pops by girlichef
- Strawberry Tart with Moscato Lemon Curd by Foxes Love Lemons
Gallo Family Vineyards offers three Moscato varietals:
White Moscato: Our delightful light-bodied and refreshing Moscato is bursting with delicious flavors of peach, honey, and ripe citrus. The honeyed sweetness is a wonderful contrast to spicy Asian take-out or Mexican dishes, and complements everyday desserts.
BODY: Light-Bodied SWEETNESS: Sweet
Pink Moscato: There’s always someone who’s a little different in every family. Our Pink Moscato is just that – a bit different. It’s light-bodied, but bursting with aromas of fresh citrus and peach, followed by hints of fresh red berries and orange blossoms. Great paired with an array of foods from spicy dishes to sweet desserts.
BODY: Light-Bodied SWEETNESS: Sweet
Red Moscato: Every family has a wild one and this lively Red Moscato is ours. It brings out flavors of sweet citrus and peach, with a bright red berry finish. This refreshing, medium-bodied wine is best-enjoyed chilled and paired with light cheeses, spicy cuisine or desserts.
BODY: Medium-Bodied SWEETNESS: Sweet
Celebrating on National Moscato Day on May 9th is as easy as uncorking a bottle of Moscato and sharing it with friends and family. Gallo Family Vineyards Moscato is available for $4.99 (750ml) bottle at local wine retailers and grocers nationwide.
For more information on Gallo Family Vineyards wines and menu pairing ideas, visit their website (where you can also find a store locator, which will help also help in planning that menu). Get connected with Gallo Family on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube for more ideas and updates. Want to join in the National Moscato Day celebration? Here is a $1 off digital coupon for Gallo Family wines to get you started.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.