Happy Mother’s Day Friends! May your table be filled with great conversation, incredible food and memories that will last a lifetime. I am blessed to be spending the day with My Mother and My Children. There is nothing like the unconditional love of family. My husband surprised me and made reservations for Mother’s Day. He felt that I had been working so hard lately that a meal out was in order today. I truly can’t remember the last time I didn’t cook for my mom on Mother’s Day. Although this felt a little off, I quickly realized that the family table can be anywhere… the only ingredient required is Love.
Do you have a special recipe that when you serve it to your family, it screams “made with love.” Today I am sharing one of those recipes that my family loves and when a big platter filled with Lobster Ravioli with Shrimp Garlic Caper Sauce is placed Around the Family Table, they know they are loved.
- 2 pounds Lobster Ravioli
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 pound of large shrimp
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 cups of white wine
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- parsley to garnish
- In a large Sauce Pan, cook the Ravioli in boiling water until they float, approximately 12 minutes
- In a large skillet, melt butter
- Add garlic and shrimp and saute until shrimp turn pink, approximately 4 minutes on each side
- Add parsley and wine and cook on medium heat for approximately 10 minutes
- Add capers and parmesan cheese and stir until well blended
- Simmer for 4 minutes
- Season with sea salt and ground pepper to taste and garnish with fresh parsley
- Pour Sauce over the cooked Lobster Ravioli
We receive inspiration from many places, but I don’t know that I have ever been inspired and touched by a group of individuals like the group of contributors in our Sunday Supper Movement. Through their recipes, their writing and their passion, I am inspired week after week. Happy Mother’s Day to all the great women in this group. I am honored to be surrounded by such great women every week!
This week’s event is hosted by Heather from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks. Thank you for putting together this memorable event with these amazing recipes.
Mother’s Day Brunch:
- Blueberry Coffee Cake from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Cornbread Pancakes with Blackberries from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Crepes from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Hot N Sweet Mango Chutney from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Lemon Glazed Raspberry Scones from Juanita’s Cocina
- Quiche Lorraine from Supper for a Steal
- Seafood Quiche from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Strawberry Rhubarb Compote from Noshing with the Nolands
- Sweet French Breakfast Crepes from Curious Cuisiniere
- Vidalia Onion Quiche from Comfy Cuisine
Mother’s Day Entrees:
- Cod with Stewed Tomatoes from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Grilled Vegetable Sandwiches with Herbed Goat Cheesefrom Foxes Love Lemons
- Lemon Risotto from Healthy. Delicious.
- Lobster Ravioli with Shrimp Caper Sauce from Family Foodie
- Pork dumpling (Shumai) from The Urban Mrs.
Mother’s Day Sides:
- Spaetzle from Magnolia Days
Mother’s Day Desserts and Drinks:
- Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls from Gotta Get Baked
- Chocolate Kahlua Cream Pie from Ruffles & Truffles
- Espresso Brownies from What Smells So Good?
- Fresh Blackberry Elderflower Sorbet from Shockingly Delicious
- Fresh Fig and Walnut Pie from Vintage Kitchen
- Gluten Free Coconut Cake with Chocolate Ganache, Berries, and Fresh Whipped Cream fromNeighborfood
- Lavender Shortbread Cookies from girlichef
- Lemon Meringue Pie from Pies and Plots
- Lemon Petit Fours from Home Cooking Memories
- Lemon Sorbet in Prosecco from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Milky Way Brownies from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mini Coconut Pies from La Cocina de Leslie
- Mini Strawberry and Cheese Pies from Basic N Delicious
- Mom’s Apple Crisp from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Mom’s Texas Sheetcake from Daily Dish Recipes
- Raspberry and Hazlenut Friands from Happy Baking Days
- Semolina Balls (Suji Laddoo) from Soni’s Food
- Too-Good-to-Be-Lowfat Chocolate Eclair Icebox Dessert from The Weekend Gourmet
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter on Sunday, May 12th to celebrate Mother's day! We’ll tweet throughout the day and share recipes that celebrate mom. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more delicious recipes and food photos.