Football Season is upon us. That is the time of year that preparing and enjoying our Weekday Supper becomes a real challenge at our home. With three boys that play football, three different practice schedules, and three games every week…. easy Weekday Supper Dishes are key to getting everyone where they need to be. This easy recipe for Bacon Asparagus Macaroni and Brie Cheese is now a family favorite that I can whip up in no time and get the boys to practice.
I know everyone says Bacon Makes Everything Better. In this case, less is more. I love sprinkling the bacon on top so that it stays crispy. So only 4 slices are needed for this recipe and I promise that is enough flavor to make this recipe for Bacon Asparagus Macaroni and Brie Cheese out of this world.
Weekday Supper | Bacon Asparagus Macaroni and Brie Cheese
- 1 lb Pasta, I love mini shell because they hold the sauce
- 4 Tbs Butter
- 2 cups of Milk
- 8 oz Brie Cheese
- 4 slices of cooked Bacon, I like to bake mine in the oven
- ½ lb Asparagus Tips
- Bring water to a boil and add pasta
- While pasta is cooking, bring a second pot of water to a boil
- When second pot comes to a boil, turn off, add Asparagus Tips for 3 mins.
- Drain Asparagus and reserve
- Boil pasta until al dente
- Drain pasta and place back in pot
- Add Butter and Milk and stir on low heat until absorbed
- Add chunks of the Brie Cheese and continue to stir until smooth
- Add Asparagus and plate in bowls
- Top with small chunks of Bacon
I know, I know, you’re thinking… my kids would never eat brie cheese. Trust me, this sauce is so smooth, they will think it is the creamiest mac and cheese they have ever tried. I promise you Bacon, Asparagus, Macaroni and Brie Cheese will soon be a Weekday Supper staple in your home. I have one little confession, my picky one picks the asparagus out. Serve this with a garden salad and you will be sure to get the kids to practice on time!
Kid Ratings: Alexandra 8.5, Ronnie 9.5, Reis 9.0, Riley 10 (without the asparagus)