It’s almost here. I can smell it in the air and I couldn’t be more excited. That special smell that can only come from the warmer weather, trees blooming and outdoor entertainment. It’s that time of year and the Sunday Supper Family loves getting outdoors and enjoying great food and wine.
This time of year entertainment should be about getting friends and family together. What could be better than a great wine to pair with those simple, yet elegant dishes. To say that we are loving the Gallo Family Moscato Wines in all three varieties and are excited to pair them with some of our family friendly dishes, is a complete understatement.
Come join the fun this weekend, enjoy time around the family table and sip these wine-friendly flavors along with easy recipes from this week’s Sunday Supper Contributors.
Appetizers and Mains:
- Lemon Rosemary Moscato Chicken by Family Foodie
- Moscato Meatball Skewers by Melanie Makes
- Pork Roast with Peach Moscato Sauce by Magnolia Days
- Pork with Moscato Sauce & Veggies by Momma’s Meals
Beverages, Breakfast, and Sweets:
- Blackberry Bellinis by The Foodie Army Wife
- Blackberry Almond Cake with Moscato Zabaione by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Individual Plum Crumbles with Moscato Syrup by Neighborfood
- Mandarin Orange Tart by NinjaBaking.com
- Mango Moscato Sorbet by Webicurean
- Mexican Chocolate Ganache Cake by MealDiva
- Mixed Berry Moscato Gelees by Alida’s Kitchen
- Moscato Gelée with Strawberry Compote by kimchi MOM
- Olive Oil Cake with Raspberry-Red Moscato Sorbet and Moscato Zabaglione by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Overnight Peaches and Cream Stuffed French Toast by In The Kitchen With KP
- Peachy Apricot Moscato Cake with Moscato Whipped Cream by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pink Moscato Cupcakes + Citrus Moscato Sangria by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pink Moscato Strawberry Shortcake by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Raspberry Moscato Sangria by The Messy Baker
- Strawberry Pink Moscato Ice Pops by girlichef
- Strawberry Tart with Moscato Lemon Curd by Foxes Love Lemons
Gallo Family Vineyards offers three Moscato varietals:
White Moscato: Our delightful light-bodied and refreshing Moscato is bursting with delicious flavors of peach, honey, and ripe citrus. The honeyed sweetness is a wonderful contrast to spicy Asian take-out or Mexican dishes, and complements everyday desserts.
BODY: Light-Bodied SWEETNESS: Sweet
Pink Moscato: There’s always someone who’s a little different in every family. Our Pink Moscato is just that – a bit different. It’s light-bodied, but bursting with aromas of fresh citrus and peach, followed by hints of fresh red berries and orange blossoms. Great paired with an array of foods from spicy dishes to sweet desserts.
BODY: Light-Bodied SWEETNESS: Sweet
Red Moscato: Every family has a wild one and this lively Red Moscato is ours. It brings out flavors of sweet citrus and peach, with a bright red berry finish. This refreshing, medium-bodied wine is best-enjoyed chilled and paired with light cheeses, spicy cuisine or desserts.
BODY: Medium-Bodied SWEETNESS: Sweet
Celebrating on National Moscato Day (May 9) is as easy as uncorking a bottle of Moscato and sharing it with friends and family. Gallo Family Vineyards Moscato is available for $4.99 (750ml) bottle at local wine retailers and grocers nationwide. To find a store that carries Gallo Family Moscato near you, check out our Where to Buy Tool. To help you celebrate, we’re also offering $1 off coupon (available in select states).
And don’t forget… we want you save those corks to help end senior hunger. For the 5th year, our Every Cork Counts program invites Americans to send back their corks to benefit the Meals On Wheels Association of America.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.