Mummy Chocolate Cupcakes are a crowd pleaser for Halloween Parties.
It’s not often when I bake, but when I do it is usually something fun for my kid’s school or their football teams. To me, there are two kind of people. Those who bake and those who try to bake. I would consider myself in the category of I really want to be a good baker, Vo-Vo is an amazing baker and I love nothing more than to sit in her kitchen and watch her in action. Okay, there is one thing I like more than watching her and that is enjoying the finished product. My mom is a true baker and I could only dream of one day being as accomplished.
I think joining the baking club takes a special kind of personality. You see, my love of cooking includes experimenting and adding a little bit of this and a little tad of that. What I have learned the hard way is that baking doesn’t really work that way. It requires precision and a tad of discipline. Every time I throw in a little bit of this and a little tad of that, I end up with an undercooked baking blob.
But every once in awhile, I come up with a touchdown and I can’t wait to share it with my kids and their friends. These Mummy Chocolate Cupcakes have been teenage tested and are a huge hit with the football team. You need to try these for your next Halloween get-together. Trust me, if I can make these and get rave review from the teenagers, so can you!
- Cupcake Ingredients:
- ¾ cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Dixie Crystals Sugar
- ½ cup Dixie Crystals Brown Sugar
- ½ tsp. Baking Soda
- ¾ tsp. Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ½ cup Hershey’s Cocoa Powder
- ½ cup Milk
- ⅓ cup Vegetable Oil
- 1½ tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 3 Eggs
- Buttercream Frosting Ingredients:
- ¼ cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1½ tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 4½ cups Dixie Crystals Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup Butter (room temperature)
- Candy Eyeballs
- Preheat oven at 350º
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt in large mixing bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, combine sugar, brown sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla extract in separate mixing bowl.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Add milk. Combine with electric mixer until ingredients are just evenly distributed.
- Line mini cupcake baking pan with mini cupcake liners. Fill each liner about halfway full with batter.
- Bake for approximately 12 minutes. Repeat this process until all batter has been baked. Add a second mini cupcake liner to all cupcakes. This will make each cupcake really pop!
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter. This may take 1 to 3 minutes.
- Add heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar to creamed butter. Mix on low-speed. Gradually increase mixer speed. Continue to mix for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Fill icing bag with buttercream frosting.
- Using the flat side of #47 Tip, draw frosting strips across each cupcake back and forth across cupcake.
- Add candy eyeballs.
I love baking with Dixie Crystals! They produce many types of great quality sugar, among them granulated, powdered, brown and raw (turbinado), all of which have their place in sweet treats. Connect with them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Google+.
Join us Sunday at 7 p.m. ET for our weekly live Twitter chat sponsored this week by Dixie Crystals. We will be sharing our favorite Halloween treats and fun recipes for parties. Check out the recipes to come:
- Black Magic Caramel Apples by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Black Velvet Spider Cake by Love and Confections
- Bloody Broken Glass Cupcakes by Run DMT
- Buttercup Squash Pie Bites by Magnolia Days
- Candy Corn Fudge by Feeding Big
- Candy Corn Iced Sugar Cookies by Chocolate Chocolate and More
- Cauldron Cupcakes by Big Bear’s Wife
- Gluten Free Tombstone Treats by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Halloween Candy Brownies by Desserts Required
- Halloween Chocolate Gingerbread House by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Halloween Pumpkin Coconut Bars by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Homemade Candy Corn Marshmallows by An Appealing Plan
- Jack o’ Lantern Cupcakes by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Mummy Chocolate Cupcakes by Family Foodie
- Pumpkin Bread Pudding by Recipe for Perfection
- Pumpkin Pie Puff Pastry Coffins by Ruffles & Truffles
- Pumpkin Spice Fudge by Runner’s Tales
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies by Midlife Road Trip
- Spicy Little Devil’s (Food) Cupcakes by The Crumby Cupcake
- Spiderweb Brownies by Life Tastes Good
Special Feature: Flavoring Sugar plus Halloween Sweets Recipes
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtagand remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here:Sunday Supper Movement.
This post is sponsored by Dixie Crystals in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opininions are my own.