As a super busy mom of four, I really appreciate quick and easy meals that are wholesome and tasty. My kids are spoiled, they love really good food and have developed quite a mature palate at a young age. The one thing that I learned over the years is that stocking my freezer really helps me be organized and enables me to put dinner on the table almost every night of the week. I could go as far as saying that a well stocked freezer really does keep the stress level down at our home.
This One Pot Chicken, Leeks and Orzo Recipe is one of our all time favorites. They love it because it is so tasty and I love it because I can get dinner on the table in 30 minutes or less and clean-up in no time at all.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 Tyson Boneless Skinless Chicken Tenderloins, defrosted
- Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
- 3 large leeks thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- l pound of orzo pasta
- ¼ Cup parmesan cheese
- Shaved parmesan cheese to garnish if desired
- Defrost the Chicken Tenderloins in cold water for 5 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan.
- Add the Chicken Tenderloins and Saute for 5 minutes on both sides until browned.
- Season with Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper on both sides.
- Add the thinly sliced leeks.
- Stir in the butter and fresh garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Remove the Chicken Tenderloins and keep warm.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the Orzo and reduce heat to medium, cook for 10 minutes
- Slowly stir in the parmesan cheese and top with the Chicken Tenderlois
- Garnish with shaved parmesan if desired
I would like to thank the The National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association for sponsoring this post and for helping me make quick, easy and nutritious meals for my family.