At our home, The Big Game is almost a national holiday. I can honestly say that I don’t remember ever missing this event and my boys look forward to it almost as much as Christmas. On those years that our favorite team is in the game– forget about it!
They will admit that not only are they excited about the game, but the game day menu is pretty high on their list! All the rules are broken at our house when it comes to Game Day– we don’t worry about a balanced meal and we don’t worry about sitting around the family table in the kitchen. The family room takes center stage and we enjoy Sunday Supper around the family coffee table.
Part of the fun is coming up with great recipes for us to share with our family and friends. There is one item that has been on our Game Day Menu for as long as I can remember. It is truly our family’s Signature Game Day Dish — Pepperoni Pizza Dip. So easy to make, so fun to share and so delicious!
- 8 oz packages of Cream Cheese
- 1 cup pepperoni, chopped
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 8 oz Shredded whole milk mozzarella cheese
- Garnish with additional pepperoni and green onions
- Let cream cheese sit at room temperature for approximately an hour or until soft.
- Set aside 5 whole pieces of pepperoni and a teaspoon of chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spread cream cheese evenly in a pie or quiche dish.
- Sprinkle the pepperoni evenly over the cream cheese.
- Pour the tomato sauce over the pepperoni and use spoon to make sure it is spread over the entire dish.
- Sprinkle the green onions over the tomato sauce
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese evenly over the top
- Garnish with whole pepperoni and green onions if desired
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until the cheese on top is bubbling and slightly brown.
- Serve with crackers, tortilla chips or pita chips and Enjoy!
Every great recipe needs to be paired with a great wine. I was thrilled when Gallo Family Vineyards recently sent me their Red Moscato to try. It was the perfect pairings for this cheesy and slightly spicy Pepperoni Pizza Dip. I loved it because it’s not too sweet and it’s not to tangy. It is light, a tad fruity and so refreshing. It’s great for an afternoon get-together with friends because it pairs well with appetizers like this Pepperoni Pizza Dip, but it also pairs nicely with lighter options like fruit and salads.
This year, we will be serving Gallo Family Vineyards Red Moscato at our Super Bowl Party. If you are looking for more great Game Day Pairings, you can Gallo Family Vineyards website or connect with via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube for great suggestions. Are you wondering what wines to pair with your game day menu? Let the Gallo Family Vineyards’ Food & Wine Pairing Tool help you decide. Then use the store locator to find where to buy Gallo Family Vineyards wines near you.
Look at all these fabulous recipes from our Sunday Supper Contributors. My guys are going to have so much fun going through all these great recipes and deciding what else to include in our menu this year!
Game Day Entertaining and Pairing:
- Bacon Wrapped Maple Scallops by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Balsamic Glazed Cauliflower “Wings” by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Bean and Chorizo Dip by Foxes Love Lemons
- Beer Braised Szechuan Chicken Wings by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Blue Cheese Burger Bites by Country Girl In The Village
- Chipotle Quinoa Fritters by Healthy. Delicious.
- Cilantro Lime Marinated Shrimp by Ruffles & Truffles
- Game Day Pepperoni Pizza Dip by Family Foodie
- Game Day Pulled Pork Nachos by girlichef
- Goat Cheese, Bacon, and Pistachio Truffles by Chocolate Moosey
- Grilled Steak Sliders with Chimichurri Sauce by Hip Foodie Mom
- Honey Dijon Glazed Wings by The Foodie Army Wife
- Honey Ham Barbecue by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Hot Crab and Artichoke Dip by The Dinner-Mom
- Korean-style Clams by kimchi MOM
- Sparkling Pomegranate Pinot Punch by Magnolia Days
- Spicy Sausage Rolls by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Spinach Balls by Shocklingly Delicious
- Spinach Lasagna Cups by Alida’s Kitchen
- Sweet Potato Skins by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter every Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement. <Sunday Supper logo>
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.