Pineapple Avocado Spinach Salad ~ A gorgeous spinach salad with grilled pineapple and avocado featuring lemon vinaigrette sprinkled with candied pecans and feta cheese.
This time of year, I find myself craving foods that are a little lighter. Salads seem to make their way to the menu more often than not. There was a time that I would make a romaine or spinach salad almost every night with dinner. You know the kind, tomatoes, cucumbers, and some chopped onions on top – on a special occasion a sprinkling of feta cheese was thrown in. We seemed to get bored with that salad and I have discovered that we get excited over a salad that has the perfect combination of sweet and salty to it.
If you follow me on instagram, you may have noticed that I have become a little obsessed with grilling fruit and letting it be the highlight of a dish. I am throwing grilled pineapple on pizza and pairing grilled avocado with beef. I enjoy grilling year round and appreciate that grilled meals usually equal less mess in the kitchen. A dinner prepared on the grill, also gives me the opportunity to pour a glass of chilled wine and enjoy my time outside as I prepare our family meal. Gallo Family Moscato has become a favorite for such grilling occasions that take place on our lanai.
This recipe for Pineapple Avocado Spinach Salad came together after realizing how much we enjoy grilled fruit on almost anything, but especially a great salad. Grilling makes for a sweeter, caramelized pineapple and gives the avocado a nutty taste, and almond butter texture. The topping of candied pecans and feta cheese along with the lemon vinaigrette is just icing on the cake. Literally, you may think you are enjoying a light dessert when take your first bite. Sometimes I will grill up some shrimp, chicken or thinly sliced beef to add more protein to this zesty salad.
- 6 fresh pineapple triangles, skin on
- 3 cups baby spinach, washed
- 1 avocado, pit removed and sliced thin
- ¼ cup candied pecans, chopped
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- juice from one lemon
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons honey
- fresh ground sea salt and pepper
- Preheat the grill on high.
- Place the pineapple and avocados on the grill for approximately 2 minutes.
- After two minutes, flip the pineapple and remove the avocado.
- Place the spinach on a large platter.
- Layer the avocado on top.
- Sprinkle with the candied pecans and feta cheese.
- In a small bowl combine the lemon juice, olive oil, honey.
- Drizzle on top of the salad and season with sea salt and pepper.
Gallo Family Moscato brings out flavors of sweet citrus and peach, with a bright red berry finish and a refreshing pairing for this fruity salad. While I enjoy the Pink Moscato and Red Moscato as I prepare the meal, the White Moscato is the one that I turn to pair with this salad.
It’s that time of the year again – we’re celebrating National Moscato Day on May 9th. Four years ago Gallo Family Vineyards established this holiday to celebrate the delicious wine that everyone is talking about. The Sunday Supper tastemakers partner with Gallo Family Vineyards to showcase Moscato in both drinks, and sweet and savory dishes. Join us around the family table tonight as we share our discoveries using Gallo Family Vineyards wine. You are going to love these Sunday Supper recipes and pairings featuring Moscato:
- Mixed Berry Moscato Smoothie by Casa de Crews
- Moscato Pink Lemonade by Life Tastes Good
- Sparkling Strawberry Grapefruit Moscato Punch by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Summer Berry Sangria by One Sweet Mess
- Moscato Marinated Grapes by Nosh My Way
- Spicy Hummus with Jalapeno Cilantro Salsa by Recipe for Perfection
- Chorizo Carbonara by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Duck with Moscato Peach Sauce by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Grilled Blackened Shrimp Lettuce Wraps with Moscato Fruit Salsa by Simply Healthy Family
- Halibut en Papillote with Moscato-Onion Jam by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Honey Walnut and Blue Cheese Shrimp with Sweet Potato Noodles by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lemon Leek Moscato Chicken by Shockingly Delicious
- Pineapple Avocado Spinach Salad by Family Foodie
- Berry Peach Citrus Crisp by Desserts Required
- Donauwelle Kuchen (Danube Wave Cake) by Magnolia Days
- Moscato Mixed Berry Pie by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Moscato Pudding Parfaits by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Moscato White Chocolate Sabayon with Raspberries by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Strawberry Basil Upside Down Cake by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Sugar Cookie Fruit Tarts by Alida’s Kitchen
Read more at http://magnoliadays.com/2015/donauwelle-kuchen-danube-wave-cake/#AxqH1ju3xkpu0Aes.99More on Gallo Family Vineyards: Follow them on social media to keep up the latest on their happenings and wines. Here are quick links to GFV’s profiles: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. The Gallo Family Vineyards website has lots of information on their wines plus wine & food pairings and a handy store locator.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here:Sunday Supper Movement.
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.