Friday evenings at our home are made for relaxing and chilling with a great drink and perhaps some Avocado Hummus or White Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Craisin Cookies. I recently read Recipe for Joy and knew that I just couldn’t wait to try a Pomegranate Cocktail. I especially love it because we can make the alcoholic version in a nice martini glass for the adults and the non-alcoholic version for the kids.
Recipe for Joy really spoke to me. Imagine a great story filled with amazing recipes for families. Food writer Robin Davis promised she’d never move back to Ohio, never get married, and never join an organized religion. But her experience proves the adage “Never say never!” Today this Midwestern wife, stepmother, and converted Catholic reveals that food and faith can go hand in hand and that sometimes, God uses people and some really good meals to bring us into a closer relationship.
- 1 tbsp chilled pomegranate juice
- 1 cup chilled champagne or sparkling wine
- 1 tsp orange liqueur such as Grand Marnier
- Orange peel twist or orange slice for garnish
- Pour the pomegranate juice into a champagne flute
- or wine glass. Fill with champagne.
- Top with orange liqueur. Garnish with orange peel
- or an orange slice. Serve immediately.
- Variation: To make this cocktail nonalcoholic, use nonalcoholic sparkling cider
- in place of the champagne and orange juice in place of the orange liqueur.
Learn more about Recipe for Joy here.