Fourth of July is here and it is so fun to cook together with family and friends. I love the idea of entertaining without fuss – just great food, family and friends and lots of laughs. Portuguese Flank Steak is one of those recipes that I can serve to my family or to a group and everyone loves the amazing flavor from this simple dish. It is perfect served with a big salad and corn on the cob!
#ChooseDreams around the family table and discover a lifetime of healthy choices by turning your family favorite recipes into healthy meals.
- 2 lbs flank steak
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of piri-piri pepper or ground red pepper flakes
- ½ a lemon
- 1 bay leaf
- Make a paste with the crushed garlic, olive oil, salt, paprika, piri-piri and lemon juice.
- Rub it all over the flank steak thoroughly.
- Place the bay leaf on top.
- Cover with saran wrap or place in a plastic bag and refrigerate overnight.
- Fire up the grill on medium high.
- Place the flank steak in the middle of the grill for approximately 5 minutes.
- Brush the steak with the remaining sauce.
- Turn flank steak only once and cook for approximately 5 to 10 minutes. Keep an eye on it as it cooks very quickly - depending on how well you like your steak done, add a couple of minutes.
If you’re looking for more amazing meal inspiration, make sure you follow the Family Favorites Turned Healthy #ChooseDreams Pinterest board! There’s a plethora of healthy recipes to choose from!
Also, take a few minutes to visit the American Family Insurance website, follow them on Twitter, ‘Like’ them on Facebook, check in on them on LinkedIn, watch them on YouTube, follow them on G+, and see what inspires them on Pinterest!
Make sure you check out the other amazing recipes offered for Weekday Supper this week!
Monday – Blueberry Chicken and Rice by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Tuesday – Greek Shrimp with Orzo, Tomato and Feta by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
Wednesday – Sesame Salad with Edamame by Ruffles & Truffles
Friday – Pasta & Pea Sauce by The Foodie Army Wife
This post is sponsored by American Family Insurance. All opinions are my own.