Portuguese Hamburger Recipe
I have had so many requests for this Recipe lately! Is the Portuguese Hamburger Recipe going to be the next Burger Trend?
Here is the recipe. This is no ordinary Burger but one you must try…. Can you say Chorizo?
This turned out to be one of the best days in my kitchen! My friend Sandi aka @McMedia came over to help develop the recipes and my 3 boys eagerly helped judge our creations!
What burger recipes to make? Hmmm.
In case you haven’t noticed, I love to cook Portuguese Food. The first burger had to be what else? The Portuguese Hamburger! No bun, No cheese, No Tomato, No lettuce and No Onion, No kidding! Just purely deliciousness!
What is that on top of the hamburger you ask? What else would be on top of a Portuguese Hamburger but a Sunny side up egg! Let me tell you when the yolk mixes with the juicy burger meat in your mouth… it is pure heaven!
And I haven’t even mentioned the best part…. the Chorizo Wine Sauce that the burger sits in is Incredible! That’s where it is comical that there is no bun because I guarantee that you can not eat this burger without some crusty bread to dip into this delicious sauce! It really is that good!
- 1 lb Ground Round
- 4 Garlic Cloves thinly sliced
- 4 TBS Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Red Wine
- 1 Cup Beef Broth
- 1 small Chorizo finely chopped
- 2 stems of fresh Parsley chopped
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 TBS Butter
- 4 Eggs
- Sea Salt and Fresh Pepper to Season
- I am a minimalist when it comes to food. This is especially true when cooking Hamburgers. I love to taste the meat in it's natural state.
- Form the Ground Round into 4 Round Patties no thicker than 3/4 inch and make sure the middle is a little thinner than the outside of the burger.
- Brush the burgers with Olive Oil and season with Sea Salt and Fresh Pepper.
- Set in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Place on the grill on medium flame and cook for approximately 7 mins. for Medium Rare Burgers. Flip the Burger only once and do not press down with a spatula. We want all those yummy juices to stay in the burger
- I like to cook on the side burner of my grill so that I can keep a close eye on those bad boys. So while the burgers are cooking I start working on my sauce. You will love love love this sauce! I promise!
- Add the remainder of the olive oil to a large frying pan. Add the garlic and chopped chorizo. Saute until they start popping but be careful not to burn (there is nothing worse than burnt garlic.) Add the red wine and the beef broth and bring to a boil. Once it boils, simmer on low and add the parsley and bay leaf. Once sauce is reduced in half, remove bay leaf and add the butter. When butter is blended into the sauce, add burgers to the sauce. Remove from heat and let sit.
- Cook the eggs sunny side up in a separate frying pan in a little bit of butter. Remove the eggs and place one on top of each Burger. Spoon Some of the Sauce with the Chorizo over the eggs.
- Make sure you have some crusty bread for that yummy sauce. You won't be able to resist!
Ratings by my boys:
Ronnie 10, Reis 10, Riley 10…. Can you tell they may have had this before and it is one of their favorite meals!