It’s football season … at our house that means it is that time of the year that we are glued to the television watching every game! We love football. I am not sure that there is a bigger football family than us. All our boys are football players, our daughter was a cheerleader and we are that family that is obsessed. And as much as we love the game, we also love football eats. What’s better than a tailgating party with great food?
When I think of tailgating, I always think of my favorite tailgating drink, Sangria. Not just ordinary Sangria but Portuguese Sangria made with Vinho Verde. Have you tried? Oh you must! You are in for a treat.
So what is your favorite team? Well, as far as college football goes, we love the Gators (hence the wine glass). But we have a little problem in our home, our daughter is a Gator but our second born is going to UCF and we may have to be a little open minded to the Knights. Can we do it? Whether we are cheering on the Knights or the Gators, I know one thing for sure… it wouldn’t be a tailgate party without a pitcher of Portuguese Sangria!
- 1 bottle of vinho verde or light white wine
- 1 cup port wine
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large orange
- 1 apple
- 1 red peach or nectarine
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Cut the orange, apple and peach into small cubes.
- Add the bottle of vinho verde, port wine to a large pitcher.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar orange slices, apple slices and peach slices.
- Combine and add to the pitcher
- Add cinnamon stick and stir well
- Let sit in refrigerator overnight
- Add ice before serving and use a wooden spoon if you would like to keep the fruit from falling in the sagria
Are you ready to come tailgate with the Sunday Supper Team? You are in for a treat with all these delicious recipes our contributors have put together! Lane from Supper for a Steal is our host… so you are guaranteed to have a good time! She may even be a Gator Fan like me.
Warm Ups (Appetizers):
- Bacon and Onion Dip by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Chicken Fajita Dip and Quesadillas by Chocolate Moosey
- Crab Rangoons by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Double Cheese Dill Scones by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Fried Yucca With Pink Sauce by Basic N Delicious
- Grilled Corn Dip by Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Grilled Gameday Nachos by Supper for a Steal
- Homemade Potato Chips w/ Blue Cheese Sauce by girlichef
- Liptauer Cheese Spread by Magnolia Days
- Mahogany Baked Chicken Wings by The Dinner-Mom
- Mexican Corn Dip by Growing Up Gabel
- Pizza Dip by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Posh Pigs In a Blanket by The Weekend Gourmet
- Pretzel Nuggets by I Run For Wine
- Roasted Garlic & Tomatillo Salsa Verde by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Savory Baked Pinwheel’s by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Sesame Glazed Cauliflower “Wings” by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Stuffed Banana Pepper Bites by Daily Dish Recipes
- Sweet Potato Hummus by Alida’s Kitchen
- Sweet Potato Skins by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- VJ Catch-erole by My Other City By The Bay
Game Time (Main Dishes and Sides):
- 1,2,3,4,5 Chinese Spareribs by The Urban Mrs
- Bacon Burger Sliders by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Beef on Weck by Healthy. Delicious.
- Carrot Slaw by The Foodie Army Wife
- Cheerwine BBQ Pulled Pork by Nik Snacks
- Chicken, Bacon, Ranch Quesadillas by Cookin’ Mimi
- Chicken, Brie and Apple Turnovers by Shockingly Delicious
- Easy Grilled Chicken Caesar Sandwiches by Momma’s Meals
- French Onion Chicken Sandwiches by Foxes Love Lemons
- Frito Olé by Home Cooking Memories
- Gomoku Treasure Rice by NinjaBaking.com
- Grilled Fajita Kebabs by CuriousCuisiniere
- Hatch Chile Pimento Cheese Burgers by Juanita’s Cocina
- Italian Tuna and Shells Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pressed Brick Sandwich by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pulled Lamb Barbecue Sandwiches by The Texan New Yorker
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Soup by Neighborfood
- Smoky Turkey Burgers by Webicurean
- Snorker and Spicy Slaw Sandwiches by Food Lust People Love
- Tandoori BBQ Chicken by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Tortilla Hot Dogs by La Cocina de Leslie
Overtime (Drinks and Desserts):
- Coconut Funfetti Ice Cream Cake by What Smells So Good?
- Funfetti Sugar Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Individual Elvis Pies by Treats & Trinkets
- Portuguese Sangria by Family Foodie
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement.