This Fingerling Potato Bacon Flatbread will change how you look at potatoes.
I like big potatoes and I can not lie! Mash um. Bash um. Bake um and Roast um. I love them all! While many view them as a side dish, at our house they are the star of the meal many nights. I have been known to feed an entire football team with potato dishes. Mashed potatoes casseroles come to the rescue and it is amazing how many ways you can add beef and bacon to make this a great pre-game meal. The football players ask for this dish over and over again!
Potatoes are also perfect for a football party and celebration. Let’s be honest, who doesn’t love potatoes! I have been known to set up a potato bar for our special get together. I love preparing the mashed potatoes ahead of time and getting creative with the toppings. Don’t stop at bacon and cheese… bring on the chorizo, roasted veggies, and unexpected cheese varieties. Your guest will have so much fun with the toppings. We may or may not be serving a potato bar at my daughter’s wedding… like I said, we like potatoes and we can not lie!
- 1 Flatbread
- ½ pound Idaho Potato ® Fingerling Potatoes, sliced very thin
- 4 strips bacon, cooked
- ⅓ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 Tbsp. green onions, chopped
- 4 tablespoons truffle oil or olive oil
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 475° F
- Dividing evenly, top the flatbreads with the cheddar cheese, thinly sliced Idaho Potato® Fingerling potatoes, green onions, and bacon.
- Season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with truffle oil or olive oil.
- Bake until the crust is golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes.
Everyone knows Idaho grows the best potatoes, but do you know why?! Idaho’s growing season has warm days and cool nights that are perfect for potatoes. The volcanic soil in Idaho creates potatoes with the perfect texture for frying, boiling, roasting, and baking – it’s the most versatile vegetable.
For more Idaho® potato inspiration be sure to follow them on social media:
Be sure to join us this Sunday as we share our best Easy Football recipes featuring Idaho® potatoes! We’ll be tweeting all things football at 7pmEST, you don’t want to miss it. Our Sunday Supper tastemakers are making everything from Bacon Potato Flatbreads to Potato Nacho Stacks.
Sunday Supper Easy Football Recipes
- Cajun Taters & Sausage by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cheesy Bacon Potato Tartlets by Life Tastes Good
- Fingerling Potato Bacon Flatbread by Family Foodie
- Potato Football Candy by Shockingly Delicious
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Potato “Wings” by Food Done Light
- Healthy Mashed Potato Bowls by Cooking Chat
- Persian Lamb Stuffed Potato Cakes by Caroline’s Cooking
- Potato Salad Tortilla Bowls by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pulled Pork Potato Skins by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Steak and Potato Pizza by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Buffalo Smashed Potatoes by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Cheesy Sausage Stuffed Red Potatoes by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Cuban Garlic Mojo Potato Salad by Go Epicurista
- Tempura Cheesy Potato Balls by Cricket’s Confections
- Bacon Parmesan Potato Pavé Squares by Sunday Supper Movement
- Best Potato Wedges by Moore or Less Cooking
- Buffalo Blue Cheese Potato Bites by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Loaded Curly Fries with Gouda Cheese Sauce by Casa de Crews
- Potato and Chive Mini Waffles by My Life Cookbook
- Potato Blue Cheese Tartlets by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Potato Nacho Stacks by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.