Roasted Cauliflower Salad is a favorite side dish to take to parties and picnics. The caramelized nutty flavor makes this dish over the top delicious.
Today I have hit a milestone in my career… I have finally boiled the perfect egg! I’m not sure what I am more excited about, sharing this delicious Roasted Cauliflower Salad with all of you or sharing the fact that I have finally made perfect hard-boiled eggs. The struggle has been real over here. I tell you, time and time again the darn skin would get stuck to my eggs and big clumps would come out. Seriously, how could you photograph to ugly eggs?
You have no idea how many recipes I would come up with different ways to feature my hard-boiled eggs just so I did not have to show you all that I could not boil eggs properly. It blew my mind, truly! How could I be capable of preparing difficult dishes with 13 ingredients and yet my hard-boiled eggs were a complete fail, time and time again. No more! My eggs were perfect this time. Don’t they look beautiful quartered in this Roasted Cauliflower Salad? – Cooking skills on Fleek! (you know I had been waiting for the perfect opportunity to photograph this towel)
I have to admit, I have been in love with cauliflower. It has become a very popular side dish at our house. We love Creamy Spinach and Cauliflower Rice and this Portuguese Style Tomato and Cauliflower Rice is to die for. As I was thinking about the perfect dish to bring to a picnic, I thought… mmm… I bet a cauliflower salad would be perfect. As with every recipe I develop, it starts off with a small idea and it gets my creative juices flowing. The big question was to add mayo or make it no mayo.
As much as I love mayo in a summer salad, I also love a light salad with simple ingredients in the dressing to let the taste of the nutty roasted cauliflower shine through. You can use any olives you like but let me tell you these olives stuffed with blue cheese are amazing. The addition of the capers and a little bit of caper juice really takes this traditional olive oil and lemon dressing over the top. It’s all the little details… but this salad will not disappoint your guests!
- 1 large head cauliflower, approximately 3 pounds, cut into florets
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 10 pitted Blue Cheese stuffed olives or Kalamata olives, sliced
- 10 grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 3 tablespoons capers + 1 tablespoon of caper juice
- juice from ½ a lemon
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400℉
- Rinse the florets in a colander and pat them dry.
- Place the florets in a large bowl and drizzle them with 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add the garlic powder to the bowl. Mix the cauliflower florets till they're coated with olive oil and garlic.
- Spread the florets evenly on a large baking sheet and sprinkle the pepper flakes.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and roast for approximately 20-25 minutes or until the cauliflower is golden brown and caramelized. The caramelization is key to the beautiful nutty flavor.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a large bowl combine the roasted cauliflower, chopped parsley, olives, tomatoes, capers and caper juice.
- Add the additional olive oil and lemon juice and blend well.
- I did not add additional salt and pepper because I felt it was well seasoned with the olives, capers and red pepper flakes but feel free to taste and add additional seasoning if desired.
- Garnish with additional parsley if desired.
Join us on Sunday! Grab your picnic basket and join the fun! I bet you will find some fun and delicious recipes your family will love!
And be sure to sit down with us this Sunday, July 16th, on Twitter starting at 7 PM EST, where we’ll be rolling out our blanket and talking about our own picnic basket essentials and sharing our best picnic recipes. Look for us in the #SundaySupper tag!
Best Picnic Recipes to Enjoy at the Park #SundaySupper
Starters, Skewers, and Sandwiches al Fresco
- Antipasto Skewers by Soulfully Made
- Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cream Cheese Slider Sandwiches by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Layered Portable Picnic Jars by The Weekend Gourmet
- Low Carb Ham Pinwheels by Cricket’s Confections
- Patatas Brava Chorizo Sausage Rolls by Food Lust People Love
- Pickled Ratatouille Vegetables by My Life Cookbook
- Tuna Salad Lettuce Wraps by The Crumby Kitchen
Stow-and-Go Sides and Salads
- Avocado Bacon Loaded Pasta Salad by Daily Dish Recipes
- BBQ Ranch Pasta Salad by Cooking With Carlee
- Broccoli Slaw by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Jalapeno Popper Macaroni Salad by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Marinated Zucchini and Summer Squash by Caroline’s Cooking
- Old Fashioned Potato Salad by Life Tastes Good
- Southern Cornbread Salad by Gourmet Everyday
- Summer Quinoa Salad by Simple and Savory
- Sweet and Sour Macaroni Deli Salad by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Watermelon and Avocado Salad by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Whole30 Cauliflower Potato Salad by Bites of Wellness
Drinks and Desserts for Outdoor Dining
- Banana Snack Cake by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Blueberry Hand Pies by Our Good Life
- Cantaloupe Mint Lemonade by Palatable Pastime
- Cherry Poke Cake by Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Caramel Layer Bars by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Chocolate Cherry No Bake Bars by The Freshman Cook
- Mixed Fruit Drink by Basic N Delicious
- Rice Krispie Sushi by NinjaBaker.com
Best Picnic Recipes to Enjoy at the Park by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
And sign up for our newsletter to get great recipes delivered right to your inbox every Thursday!