Happy Passover and Easter weekend to all! This Holiday weekend is a perfect time for generations to come together and spend time around the family table. Our older two children are home from college and we have been planned our Easter menu and of course the annual Easter Egg Hunt. No matter how old our children get, they love traditions and our Easter Egg Hunt is full of riddles in order to find the best eggs. Of course the best eggs are filled with the most cash. The laughs along the way are worth every penny. I think that may be the part for me – the laughter. There is nothing like a home filled with giggles and great food.
I am not sure how it all began but we always serve a meat and a fish dish during our Easter Celebration. I think it’s a Portuguese thing but I can tell you that we are looking forward to the salmon dish as much as the ham. We usually prepare a whole fillet mediterranean style – olive oil, tomatoes, onions, capers, olives – SO good! This is one of our favorite recipes. Asparagus is also an Easter favorite at our home and we especially enjoy preparing it with the hard boiled eggs that we enjoyed dyeing. This dish came about when our four children were young and we had to figure out what to do with all those hard boiled eggs. We realized that Asparagus Salmon Egg Salad is really a winning combination.
Like most memorable celebrations, we always wind up with many leftovers. This Salmon Asparagus and Capers Panini was inspired by our leftovers and also our local deli has a special that is very similar to this. We look forward to this day after treat as much as the menu that we planned for Easter Day.
- 1 small round ciabatta loaf
- 6 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cooked salmon, flaked into small pieces
- 6 cooked asparagus, using only the top half which is softer
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 7 slices of thin cheddar cheese
- Slice the ciabatta bread in half
- Spread the cream cheese on one half of the ciabatta
- Layer the salmon, asparagus and capers on top of the cream cheese
- Spread the cheddar cheese slices over the other half of the bread
- Mix the garlic powder and olive oil in a small bowl
- Drizzle half of the olive oil over both halves of the ciabatta and close the sandwich
- Using a pastry brush, brush the outside of both sides of the ciabatta bread
- Place on a preheated panini press or large skillet and press until the cheese is warm and oozing out of the sandwich. Approximately 10 minutes. If using a skillet, press the sandwich as it cooks with a spatula.
May your Easter and Passover be filled with memories around the family table. This event is being hosted by Liz of That Skinny Chick Can Bake and Stacy of Food Lust People Love and we can’t way to share our favorites with you.
- Bacon and Sriracha Deviled Eggs by Casa de Crews
- Buffalo Blue Cheese Deviled Eggs by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Jalapeño Cilantro Deviled Eggs by Our Good Life
- Rissole by Brunch with Joy
- Savory Basque Tart by Food Lust People Love
Breakfast and Brunch
- Breakfast Burritos by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Breakfast Enchiladas by Curious Cuisiniere
- Gluten-Free Ham Spinach & Gruyère Quiche by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Ham and Egg Hash by Whole Food | Real Families
- Matzo Brei Pancakes by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Savory Ham and Scallion Corn Cakes by The Weekend Gourmet
- Black Pepper Fried Brown Rice with Ham by Food Done Light
- Cajun Hambalaya by Palatable Pastime
- Cal-Mex Avocado and Egg Salad by eating in instead
- Chunky Healthy Egg Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Ham Fried Rice by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Kimchi Fried Rice by Wallflower Girl
- Pan-Fried Ham with Okra and Red-Eye Gravy by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Salmon, Asparagus and Capers Panini by Family Foodie
Soups and Salads
- Ham and Corn Chowder by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Southern Ham Macaroni Salad by Magnolia Days
- Split Pea and Ham Slowcooker Soup by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Apple Blueberry Flip Flop by Recipe for Perfection
- Brownies with Kentucky Bourbon and Chocolate Mint Ganache by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Cadbury Egg Stuffed Croissants by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cheese and Pineapple Bread Pudding by Basic N Delicious
- Easter Candy Bark by Pies and Plots
- Easter Candy Brownie Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Butter Brownie No Bake Cheesecake by Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Matzo S’mores by Desserts Required
- Sunshine Cake by The Ninja Baker
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.