Spring is in the air and this time of year, I find myself craving light and delicious salads. I am particularly fond of berry salads. Berries add such an amazing flavor to all salads and this Salmon Almond Berry Salad with lemon honey dressing is truly a favorite at our house. To me this this the epitome of the perfect spring and summer salad.
If you don’t believe me, you will have to ask my daughter Alex. She has been know to text me from college when she is craving this deliciousness.
The take-away from this simple salad is that fresh flavors are the bomb! There is no need to use bottle dressing if you have some local honey and a fresh lemon. I promise, you are going to be in heaven after just one bite! Best of all, this salad is hearty enough to be considered a main dish.
You can quickly pan fry or broil some salmon to use. If you are like me, make extra the night before and use the leftover salmon the following night for this salad. We adore Honey Almond Salmon, a recipe that is so simple and easy to prepare in the oven. I highly recommend it for this salad.
- 4 cups arugula, washed, dried and trimmed
- 1 cup strawberries, rinsed hulled and sliced
- ½ cup raspberries
- ½ cup blackberries, rinsed and dried
- ½ pound cooked fresh salmon, shredded
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon good quality honey
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- sea salt and fresh pepper to taste
- On a large tray, layer the arugula, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and salmon.
- I like to arrange mine so that the strawberries are on the outside and blackberries and raspberries in the middle - we eat with our eyes.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice and honey and mix until well blended. This can be made 24 hours ahead of time, if desired.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad
- Sprinkle the almonds over the salad.
- Season lightly with sea salt and fresh pepper.
I am not alone in my excitement to create Spring Recipes. The entire Sunday Supper Family is ready to celebrate this season with gorgeous recipes. This event is being hosted by DB (aka Foodie Stuntman) of Crazy Foodie Stunts and Valerie of Lifestyle Food Artistry. See you around the family table this week, we are looking forward to your favorite spring recipes.
- Easter Egg Smoothie by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Home-made Limoncello by Manu’s Menu
- Meyer Lemon Rosemary Martini by The Redhead Baker
- Asparagus and Roasted Garlic Hummus by Palatable Pastime
- Baked Lemon and Goat Cheese Dip by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Cauliflower Salad by Wallflour Girl
- Green Asparagus Soup with Seared Scallops by An Appealing Plan
- Panzanella Primavera by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Salmon Berry and Almond Salad with Lemon Honey Dressing by Family Foodie
- Skillet Spinach Artichoke Dip by Life Tastes Good
- Asparagus Gribiche by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Early Peas with Pearl Onions in Cream by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Mustard Vinaigrette by Food Done Light
- Sauteed Artichokes & Potatoes by Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen
- Spring Green Rice by Magnolia Days
- Artichoke Pesto Pasta by PancakeWarriors
- Crispy Honey Chicken Spring Salad by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Early Spring Risotto by Cooking Chat
- Honey Lemon Shrimp by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Irish Lamb Stew by Food Lust People Love
- Perfect Scrambled Eggs with Asparagus, Goat Cheese and Chives by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Quiche Florentine by Curious Cuisiniere
- Roasted Lamb Chops, Fontina Cheese Polenta with Asparagus and Mushrooms by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Root Vegetable Risotto by Momma’s Meals
- Spring Lemon Pasta by MealDiva
- Spring Pea & Chèvre Souffle by FoodieTots
- Spring Vegetable Risotto by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Salmon and Strawberry Spinach Salad with a Kentucky Maple Vinaigrette by Dandelion Greens
- Tilapia with Classic Pesto by Whole Food | Real Families
- Veal Stew with Spring Greens by The Texan New Yorker
- Berry Shortcakes by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Blueberry Coconut Macaroons by Pies and Plots
- Blueberry Rhubarb Muffins by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Carrot Cake Cookies by Noshing With The Nolands
- Carrot Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Icing by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Gluten Free Healthy Hummingbird Cake by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lemon Cream Pie with Girl Scouts Lemonade Cookie Crust by Our Good Life
- Lemon Meringue Pie by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Low-Fat Strawberry Muffins by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Matcha Strawberry Cake by Brunch with Joy
- Palm Sunday Easter Bread by Love and Confections
- Pretzels, Peanut Butter, and Beer Cake Recipe by Recipe for Perfection
- Sticky Carrot Squares by What Smells So Good?
- Three Berry Coconut Crispies by Simply Healthy Family
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.