Move over Pepperoni Pizza Dip there’s a new dish in town. This Sausage Pizza Dip is rockin’ our football season!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year… It’s football season! At our house, that can only mean one thing. Let the craziness begin! Riley has a game on Thursday night, Reis and Ron have games on Friday night at two different high schools. With a husband that coaches football, two football players still at home and a house full of football fanatics, it’s time to take #SundaySupper into the family room!
Everyone knows how much we love Pepperoni Pizza Dip. It has been a game day favorite since before the cheerleader and three football players arrived. I tell you, our kids grew up on it during football season and it is often requested by all their friends. Then we decided to get fancy and make Pepperoni Pizza Bites and they were a big hit. Especially when you don’t want to get messy with a dip.
It was time for a new twist and since sausage pizza is a favorite, we thought it might be fun to try Sausage Pizza Dip. We were hesitant because really, what could possibly compare to our beloved Pepperoni Pizza Dip? I think we found it’s twin. I’m not sure which version of pizza dip is our favorite, as we love them both. What we do adore most about the Sausage Pizza dip is that you can make it mild or hot. The tomato sauce in this dip is so tasty with the bits of sausage in it. I also had fun adding some colby jack cheese instead of mozzarella and we really loved it. From now on, I know we will be mixing it up at our house on game day.
Give this recipe a shot and let us know which one is your favorite!
- 1 pound sausage, casing removed mild or hot
- ¼ teaspoon minced garlic, approximately 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 8 oz packages of Cream Cheese
- 8 oz Shredded whole milk mozzarella or colby jack cheese
- Sea Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Garnish parsley if desired
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Let cream cheese sit a room temperature for a minimum of 1 hour so it is easily spreadable.
- In a large skillet saute the sausage on medium high for approximately 5 minutes or until sauce is browned and crispy. Use a wooden spoon to break up the sauce into small pieces.
- Season with sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Add garlic and tomato sauce and simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
- Spread the cream cheese evenly in a pie or quiche dish.
- Add the sausage mixture and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese or colby jack cheese.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and slightly brown on top.
One word of caution, it is very hot when it comes out of the oven. Let the dip sit for a couple of minutes before serving. Dig in and cheer for your favorite team!
Join #SundaySupper on Twitter Sunday 7pmET for our fun chat. This week we’ll be talking about easy football food ideas for game day! Until then, take a peek at what everyone is bringing to the virtual table below.
FOOTBALL RIDDLE TIME: Q: How do football players stay cool during the game?A: They stand close to the fans!
Easy Football Food Ideas for Game Day
- Atomic Buffalo Turds by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Avocado Corn Salad by Books ‘n Cooks
- BLT Bites by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs by Highlands Ranch Foodie
- Buffalo Chicken Taquitos with Cilantro Crème by Cooking with Carlee
- Cucumber Shrimp Cups by Sunday Supper Movement
- Chipotle Lime Chicken Fajita Sliders by Flavor Mosaic
- Game Day Burger Sliders by Dessert Geek
- Gyro Meatballs & Herbed Yogurt Dip by My Life Cookbook
- Ham and Salami Rollups by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Healthier Patatas Bravas by Caroline’s Cooking
- Kale Pesto Dip by Cooking Chat
- Lemony Chicken Wings by Basic N Delicious
- Liptauer (Hungarian Cheese Spread) by Curious Cuisinere
- Loaded Guacamole by Casa de Crews
- Loaded Smashed Potatoes by The Hungry Goddess
- Mexican Spinach Dip by Meal Planning Magic
- Nachodillas with Jalapeño Bean Dip by Palatable Pastime
- No-Bake Almond Energy Bites by Pies and Plots
- PB&J Wings by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pork Belly Sliders by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Queso Blanco Dip by Life Tastes Good
- Roasted Jalapeño and Chorizo Queso by The Texan New Yorker
- Seven-Layer Hoagie Dip by Foodtastic Mom
- The Ultimate Taco Dip by Monica’s Table
- Bacon Swiss Burger Sliders by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Black Bean Chili by Cricket’s Confections
- Blackberry Sriracha BBQ Wings by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Honey Lime BBQ Chicken Thighs by Our Good Life
- Mexican Pizza by Chef Next Door
- Oven Baked BBQ Chicken Wings by New South Charm
- Oven-Fried Chicken Tenders by Food Done Light
- Oven-Fried Fish Sliders by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by The Redhead Baker
- Pork Steamed Shumai by Asian in America
- White Chicken Chili by Powered by BLING
- Loaded Potato Skins Southwestern Style by Simple and Savory
- Tailgating Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad by Crazed Mom
- 5-Ingredient Buckeye Dip by A Mind Full Mom
- Brownie Bomb Bars by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Chocolate Football Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Miso Salted Caramel Ice Cream Sandwiches by Ninja Baker
- Touchdown Popcorn Toffee Bark by The Weekend Gourmet
- White Chocolate Toffee Chunk Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.