I am on a mission – I am determined to use my slow cooker more often this year. You would think that having a big family with a busy schedule, this would be something that I have always done. I had some fails years ago and put the slow cooker away for a very long time. Recently though, I have been experimenting and have had some success and this recipe for Slow Cooker Asian Beef Recipe has been a huge success at our house.
What I love most is that you throw it all in the slow cooker in the morning and the house smells amazing all day long. You can even throw in some veggies that cook right up in the tasty juices. We loved serving the Slow Cooker Asian Beef Recipe over rice noodles but have also tried it over rice or on some fresh rolls when entertaining the kids friends.
- 1 2½ pound boneless bottom round beef roast
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 pound baby carrots or 1 pound carrots sliced
- 1 additional chopped green onion, optional
- 4 tablespoons chopped peanuts, optional
- Place the beef roast in the bottom of a slow-cooker.
- Slather the garlic, onions, hoisin sauce and soy sauce on both sides of the beef roast.
- Add the beef and the baby carrots on the sides of the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours, or LOW for 6-8 hours or until the beef falls apart using two forks.
- Server over cooked rice noodles, cooked rice or use fresh rolls to make sandwiches.
This week’s Beef Recipes are absolutely fantastic. Check out what the Sunday Supper Family is whipping up for WeekdaySupper.
Tuesday – Summer Harvest Meaty Baked Spaghetti by Neighborfood
Wednesday – Steak Caprese Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Thursday – Smothered Hamburger Steak by In The Kitchen With KP
Friday – Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce by Peanut Butter and Peppers
Looking for more inspiration? Follow our Let’s Celebrate Beef Pinterest Board. You can also check out the Beef Checkoff Website for recipes that make mealtime quick and easy and connect with Beef CheckOff on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.
This post is sponsored by The Beef Checkoff. All opinions are my own.