I have to admit, for the longest time, I rarely used my slow cooker with the exception of keeping things warm while entertaining. As my business has evolved, life continues to get busier and I knew that it was time to make friends with this thing that sat in my pantry and taking up space. I started with a Korean Pulled Pork recipe inspired by the talented KimchiMom. I put my Portuguese spin on her recipe and my family was immediately in love with the Portuguese Spicy Pulled Pork Sandwiches. Since it was such a hit, I decided to experiment a bit more and the Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili was born. Not only did my kids love it, their friends raved about it and it is now a must have when the gang is all together.
During football season, as our house fills with friends screaming at the television throughout the day and evening, my Football Sunday Teriyaki Pulled Pork scored a touchdown! After three slow cooker hits, it was time to give beef a turn and see what kind of delicious meal we could come up with. We loved the versatility of this Slow Cooker Asian Beef recipe. It’s amazing flavor was perfect for sandwiches or over rice and noodles.
I seriously found myself questioning what took me so long to fall in love with my slow cooker. I had a perception of bland, gray, mushy food – but slow cooking does not have to be that way and I am proof that you can make delicious dishes in your slow cooker.
So… I got a little daring and tried something that surprised even me. Who in their right mind would add fruit to a slow cooker recipe? You got it — this girl! This recipe for Slow Cooker Spicy Peach Pulled Pork is fantastic. It is the delicious combination of sweet and salty that just bursts with flavor in every single bite. My kids said that this was the best slow cooker recipe yet!
We loved making Slow Cooker Spicy Peach Pulled Pork Sliders and served them with a Peach and Spinach Salad. The combination of flavors were just fantastic and honestly, a tad unexpected.
- 1 large peach or nectarine
- 3 pounds pork butt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup ponzu sauce
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Cut the peach into thin slices and spread at the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place the pork on top of the peach slices.
- Add the brown sugar, ponzu sauce, paprika, garlic powder, salt and black pepper.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4.5- 5 hours, or LOW for 6-8 hours or until the pork falls apart using two forks and the peach has melted into the meat mixture
- We loved to serve with mini potato rolls as sliders and with a peach spinach salad.
This week’s event is being hosted by Heather of Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks and Christie of A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures. We hope you will join us around the family table throughout the day to day to be inspired by these slow cooker recipes, and even share some of your own!
- Crockpot Kielbasa Split Pea Soup from The Foodie Army Wife
- Amazing Slow Cooker French Onion Soup from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Crock Pot Turkey Meatball Soup from Flour On My Face
- Kale & Kielbasa Soup Slow Cooker Lime Garlic Chicken from The Messy Baker
- Slow Cooker Chicken, Spinach and White Bean Soup from Amee’s Savory Dish
- Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Soup from Noshing With The Nolands
- Spicy Ham and 10-Bean Soup from Food Lust People Love
- Crockpot Caramelized Pork Noodle Soup from Brunch with Joy
- Slow Cooker Acorn Squash and Apple Soup from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Three Bean, Butternut, and Quinoa Vegetarian Chili from Ruffles & Truffles
- Potato, Kielbasa and Spinach Soup With Gouda from Meal Planning Magic
- Slow Cooker Chunky Chicken Tortilla Soup #GlutenFree from Sue’ s Nutrition Buzz
Scrumptious Mains (Breakfast and Dinner)
- Slow Cooked Apple Pie Oatmeal from Life Tastes Good
- Pork and Cabbage Stew from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Slow Cooker Lime Garlic Chicken from Peaceful Cooking
- Slow-Cooked Country Pork and Veggies from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders from Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef from Marlene Baird
- Madras Beef Curry with Vegetables from Curious Cuisiniere
- Crock Pot Pork Chops with Apples and Figs from Cooking On The Ranch
- Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Tacos from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Crockpot Sesame Chicken from Casa de Crews
- Pork Chops in Gravy with Potatoes from Cookin’ Mimi
- Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Pulled Chicken from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Slow Cooker Spicy Peach Pulled Pork from Family Foodie
- Slow Cooker Garlic Chicken with Artichokes from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Scalloped Potatoes from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Slow Cooker Caramelized Onions from The Dinner-Mom
- Slow Cooker Brownie Dessert from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Triple Chocolate Cake from MealDIva
- Slow Cooker Rice Pudding from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Slow-Cooker Kheer (Indian Rice Pudding) from Magnolia Days
- Slow Cooker Lemon Poppy Seed Cake from NinjaBaking
- Slow Cooker Sourdough from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Slowcooker Seedy Bread from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
Sips and Spreads
- Spiced Caramel Cider from The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.