I love celebrating long weekends with friends by having a cookout. For years, we did the traditional Hamburgers and Hot Dogs. But you know me, I just don’t do well with the norm and love to make my friends feel special when we get together. My recent favorite easy recipe to whip up for a cookout is Soy Sauce Grilled Tilapia and Pork Chops.
I realized that by the time I purchased the ground beef, tomatoes, onions, cheese, buns and condiments, the cost of serving hamburgers really adds up. I can serve grilled Tilapia and Pork Chops with Orzo Pasta and creamed spinach and a great salad for the same cost or less. My friends have really come to enjoy this tradition when we get together for Memorial Day or any BBQ. The best part… so easy and so economical.
The recipe is exactly the same for Boy Sauce Grilled Tilapia and for Pork Chops. The only difference is you can marinate pork chops over night for a more intense flavor but the Tilapia should not be marinated for more than an hour. I love to serve both together but feel free to serve just fish or pork. The flavors in this recipe are amazing!
Soy Sauce Grilled Tilapia and Pork Chops
- 4 Bone in Pork Chops
- 4 Tilapia Fillets
- 1/4 Cup of Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Bluegrass Bourbon Soy Sauce or Soy Sauce of your choice
- 1 Tablespoon of minced Garlic
- 4 Tablespoons of Butter
- 1/4 teaspoon of Bourbon Smoked Sea Salt or Sea Salt of your choice
- Brush Chops and Tilapia with Olive Oil
- Brush Chops and Tilapia with Soy Sauce. Pour any excess over the Chops and Tilapia.
- Cover both sides of the meat and fish with the minced garlic
- Marinate for approximately 1 hour. The Pork Chops can marinate for up to 24 hours for more intense flavor. Do not marinate the fish for longer than 1 hour. Personally, I let both marinade for only one hour as I like the true flavors to shine through.
- Heat the grill to medium
- Add the Tilapia and Pork Chops and grill for approximately 5 minutes on each side. Use meat thermometer to check Pork Chops.
- Remove from grill and plate the Pork Chops and Tilapia
- Dab each piece with 1/2 Tablespoon of Butter
- Sprinkle with Bourbon Smoked Sea Salt or your Sea Salt of Choice
Kid Ratings: Alexandra 9.5, Ronnie 8.5, Reis 9, Riley 8.5
To Purchase Bluegrass Bourbon Soy Sauce or Bourbon Smoked Sea Salt, Check out Bourbon Barrel Foods.