I am a believer in having simple ingredients shine in my dishes. I think it comes from my Portuguese background. The Portuguese don’t cook with heavy sauces or fancy dressing. Their food is very simple and that simplicity lets the natural beauty and flavors in food truly shine.
This recipe for Spinach Chicken Pasta Salad is so easy and simple. Unlike most Pasta Salads, it doesn’t have a heavy dressing. It really doesn’t have a dressing at all. Just a light coating of olive oil and goat cheese is enough to let the other beautiful ingredients shine in this salad.
The Spinach Chicken Pasta salad truly becomes a super star with the addition of fresh red onions, sweet summer corn and simple sea salt. Simplicity at it’s best!
While I am excited every week for #SundaySupper… I am particularly excited for this one! I am just busting with curiosity until these fabulous recipes are unveiled. Hello… we have Bison Kebobs and we’re BBQing the Whole Hog! C’mon, this is taking a Summer BBQ to another level! Jennie from The Messy Baker has done an amazing job putting together this event and will be our fabulous hostess! Jennie’s recipes are always fabulous… she does much more than just bake messy things.
- 1 pound Pasta (I love to use Sea Shells but elbows or bowties also work well)
- 2 cups fresh Spinach
- 2 ounces Goat Cheese
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound Chicken breast or 4 Chicken Tenderloins, chopped (I used 4 grilled tenderloins left over from the previous nights meal)
- ¾ cup of Corn Kernels (approximately 2 ears) frozen corn can be substituted
- 2 tablespoons Red Onion, finely chopped
- Sea Salt & fresh Ground Pepper to taste
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil.
- Salt boiling water.
- Stir in Pasta and return to boiling.
- Boil 10 to 12 minutes until Pasta is al dente.
- Lightly drain pasta and immediately add the pasta to a bowl. You want the pasta to still be "wet."
- Immediately add the Spinach, Goat Cheese.
- The heat from the Pasta, will wilt the Spinach and melt the Goat Cheese.
- Add the Olive Oil and continue to stir until well blended and the pasta and spinach are well coated with the Goat Cheese.
- Add the Chicken, Corn and Red Onion and mix well.
- Season with Sea Salt & fresh Ground Pepper.
- This salad is delicious served warm or can go in the refrigerator and served corn.
- Either way, it is fabulous!.
Hot Off the Grill:
- Best Grilled Pork Chops by Hezzi-D’s Books & Cooks
- Bleu Cheese Burgers by Juanita’s Cocina
- Korean Grilled Flank Steak by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Swedish Blonde Burgers by Eat, Move, Shine
- Hawaiian Hot Dogs by La Cocina De Leslie
- BBQing the Whole Hog, Cuban Style by Webicurean
- Meat Stuffed Jalapenos by The Urban Mrs
- St. Louis Ribs by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Fish Kebabs with Mint Chutney by Soni’s Food
- Jalapeno Bacon Burgers by Cookin’ Mimi
- Cheddar Cheese Stuffed Bacon Burgers by In the Kitchen with KP
- Curried Pork Sliders with Peanut Sauce & Apple Slaw by Foxes Love Lemons
- Grilled Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Breasts by Sustainable Dad
- Ditch Dogs by Daily Dish Recipes
- Bison Kabobs by Noshing With The Nolands
On the Side:
- Spicy Baked Beans by The Messy Baker
- Wisconsin Roasted Corn by Curious Cuisiniere
- German Potato Salad by The Foodie Army Wife
- Grilled Baby Potatoes With Peppers And Onions by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Sausage Potato Salad by girlichef
- Lightened Up Fully Loaded Baked Potato Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Homemade Mustards by A Stack of Dishes
- Spicy Grilled Corn Salad by Magnolia Days
- Layered California Pasta Salad by The Weekend Gourmet
- Grilled Potato Salad by In Fine Balance
- Spicy Bacon and Corn Salad by Hip Foodie Mom
- Three Corns with Japanese Accents by Ninja Baking
- Cucumber Bruschetta by Healthy. Delicious.
- Grilled Zucchini by Supper for a Steal
- Chicken Spinach & Pasta Salad by Family Foodie
- Red, White & Blue Parfait by Country Girl in the Village
- Root Beer Float Sandwich Cookies by Chocolate Moosey
- Gluten Free Brownies by Blueberries & Blessings
- Grilled Stone Fruit Parfait by Pescetarian Journal
- Blueberry Sorbet by Shockingly Delicious
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Tres Leches Cake by Happy Baking Days
- Beach Cupcakes by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Grilled Banana Dessert Bar by Home Cooking Memories
- Berries & Cream Pie by Treats & Trinkets
- Raspberry Lemonade Frozen Yogurt Pops by Runner’s Tales
- More S’mores by Growing Up Gabel
- Blackberry Peach Cobbler by Neighborfood
- Cornbread Cookies by Pies & Plots
- Funfetti Fluff Cheerio Treats by What Smells So Good?
- Pineapple Pudding by Granny’s Down Home Sassy Southern Cooking
In the Cooler:
- Cherry Caipiroska by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Mint Tea Slushes by Cindy’s Recipes and Writing
- Prickly Pear Margaritas by Ruffles & Truffles
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement
Come break bread with us at this year’s Conference. You will be glad you did!