Crunch. I have often wondered what I like best about food, the taste or the texture? I am border line obsessed with layering food to create the perfect combination. To me, when you have crispy and soft and topped with the perfect sauce or dressing ~ Hey there’s a party in my mouth!
If you follow my instagram pictures, you know that I am a tad obsessed with fresh mozzarella and flatbread pizzas. Fresh Mozzarella Cheese is one of the highlights of our Saturday Morning Farmers Market and seems to sneak its way into our recipes on a weekly basis. If I am asked to bring an appetizer to a get together, I almost always reach for my Tomato and Mozzarella Appetizer.
I came home with the most amazing Wish Farms Strawberries from the Food and Wine Conference and the kids and I had so much fun coming up with recipes. I didn’t think it could happen but I think we have a favorite appetizer for strawberry season, Strawberry and Mozzarella Flatbread. It is the perfect combination of crispy, soft and the balsamic dressing is the perfect complement.
When our Sunday Supper Movement contributors suggested the Crunch Sunday Supper theme, I was so excited to share this recipe with all of you. Our host this week is Susan from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen and wait till you see what she is crunching about… her recipes are just amazing!
- Bitterballen from The Urban Mrs.
- Caprese Wontons from Jane’s Adventure in Dinner
- Crispy Broccoli Cheddar Bites from Curious Cuisiniere
- Waldorf Salad from Noshing With The Nolands
Crunchy Entrees and Sides:
- Crunchy Baked Chicken with Homemade Shake and Bake from Growing Up Gabel
- Crunchy Crusted Chicken Strips with Chipotle Honey Mustard from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure
- Flautas de Rajas con Requeson (Cheesy Poblano Pepper Taquitos) from La Cocina de Leslie
- Penny’s Taco Salad from Webicurean
- Popcorn Chowder from The ROXX Box
- Rosemary Garlic Croutons on layered Savoy Cabbage Soup from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Strawberry and Mozzarella Flatbread from Family Foodie
Munch on Snacks:
- Crunchy & Chewy Chocolate Hazelnut Granola from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Crunchy Granola Bars (Better than Nature Valley) from Shockingly Delicious
- Crunchy Pumpkin Pie Spice Roasted Chickpeas from Daily Dish Recipes
- Duck Fat Chex Mix from The Texan New Yorker
- Easy Vegan Granola from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Fried Veg Momos with Cheese Recipe from Masala Herb
- How to Make Healthy Homemade Sweet and Salty Trail Mix from Neighborfood
- Orange Spiced Cashews from Hip Foodie Mom
- Peanut and Pretzel Popcorn Balls from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds from Hezzi-D’s Cooks and Books
- Slow Cooker Bar-B-Q Party Mix from Hot Mamma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Sourdough Grissini from girlichef
- Spicy Lentil Crackers from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sweet and Spicy Roasted Pepitas from Alida’s Kitchen
- Sweet Potato Chips from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Unbaked Healthy Oatmeal Sesame Bars from My Trials In The Kitchen
- Vanilla Almonds from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Boo Berry Cereal Treats from Pies and Plots
- Choco-Caramel Squares from Basic N Delicious
- Chocolate Covered Potato Chip Rice Krispie Treats from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Chocolate Pecan Biscotti from The Food Army Wife
- Cookie Brittle from Juanita’s Cocina
- Double Banana Pie Krispie Treats from What Smells So Good?
- Honeycomb Crunch Candy from Food Lust People Love
- Momofuku Chocolate Chip Cornflakes Cookies from Ninja Baking
- Nutty Wedges with Brown Sugar Whipped Cream from Magnolia Days
- Salted Caramel Cashew Cookies from Mess Makes Food
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzels from Take a Bite out of Boca
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement