This post is sponsored by Florida Strawberry in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
You all know how much I love Florida Strawberries
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! It’s Florida Strawberry season and I couldn’t be more excited. Due to an ideal climate this year, Florida Strawberries are amazingly delicious and oh so juicy this year! Lately, I have become a tad obsessed with avocado toast. If you follow me on Instagram, you may have noticed one or two or 20 posts.
So I started thinking about how I could combine my love for avocados and strawberries and the natural answer was Strawberry Avocado Toast! I have played around with this recipe for a bit and I feel I have hit perfection! The sweetness from the strawberries is a perfect complement to the chunky avocado. Topping the toast with a good quality salt makes the most delicious sweet and salty combination!
These Strawberry Avocado Toast are perfect for a healthy breakfast, lunch or even an appetizer. I recently cut them in quarters and served them on a platter. It was a beautiful presentation and my friends loved having a healthy appetizer choice.
My kids can’t get enough strawberries! They are packed with Vitamin C so I love serving them for breakfast, we add them to their lunch boxes and they are a perfect afternoon snack. Florida’s growing season is from December through April, and we love buying local strawberries. You can find them in your local grocer by looking for the Fresh from Florida logo. Florida is the country’s second largest strawberry producer in the country.
Healthy Family Recipes Featuring Florida Strawberries
Adding Florida strawberries to a recipe is an easy way to pack some nutrition into your day. Not only are Florida strawberries loaded with Vitamin C, they’re also high in fiber, folic acid and potassium. They’re low in calories and some research indicates strawberries may help fight cancer and heart disease.
Tips for Making Avocado Toast with Strawberries
- Use whole-grain bread to keep this recipe healthy. I love bread with seeds
- Make sure your avocado is ripe before slicing.Gently squeeze the avocado without applying pressure from your fingertips, as this can cause bruising. If the avocado yields to firm, gentle pressure, it is ripe and ready to eat.
- Do not over-mix the avocados. They should be left chunky.
- Add seeds to the toppings. It is such a great way to get in those healthy seeds. Chia, Flax and Hemp Seeds are perfect toppings.
- Add some eggs if you would like to add some protein to your toast.
- Use a great quality salt. I love using maldon salt flakes, they are a perfect addition to these delicious toasts.
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ lemon, juiced
- maldon salt or sea salt to taste
- 2 whole-grain bread, toasted
- red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 cup arugula
- ½ teaspoon hemp seeds (or seeds of your choice)
- 4 Florida Strawberries, sliced
- Cut the avocado in half, remove pit, and scoop the flesh into a small bowl.
- Add the lemon juice and sea salt, to taste.
- Mash the ingredients together with a fork, keeping the texture chunky. Do not over mix.
- Spread half the mash onto each piece of toast and top with arugula. Garnish with some red pepper flakes and hemp seeds.
- Top with sliced Florida Strawberries.
- Serve immediately with additional strawberries on the side.
Healthy Family Recipes Using Strawberries
Healthy Strawberry Appetizers
- Chicken and Strawberry Caprese Wonton Cups by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Strawberry Avocado Pinwheels by Helpful Homemade
- Strawberry Avocado Toast by Family Foodie
- Strawberry Balsamic Flatbread by Authentically Candace
- Strawberry Shrimp Ceviche Cocktail by Soulfully Made
Healthy Strawberry Salads
- Strawberry Avocado Salad with Fresh Mozzarella and Walnuts by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Strawberry Chicken Spinach Salad by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Strawberry Pasta Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Strawberry Quinoa Salad with Feta Cheese by Cricket’s Confections
- Strawberry Spinach Feta Salad by Caroline’s Cooking
- Wild Rice Salad with Strawberries by Sunday Supper Movement
Healthy Strawberry Main Dishes
- Chicken with Strawberry Satay Sauce by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Rotisserie Chicken Strawberry Pizza by Go Epicurista
- Strawberry Balsamic Chicken by Flour On My Face
- Strawberry Glazed Salmon by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Healthy Strawberry Desserts
- Chamomile Strawberry Chia Pudding by Mid-Life Croissant
- Frozen Strawberry Chocolate Yogurt Bark by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Paleo Strawberry Cobbler by Pies and Plots
- Strawberry Oatmeal Bars by Desserts Required
- Strawberry Pavlova with Coconut Cream by Recipes Food and Cooking
If you’re hungry for even more recipes including fresh Florida Strawberries there are tons on the official Florida Strawberry web site. They also have great tips for choosing the best strawberries and for storing them.
To learn even more about Florida Strawberries check them out on:
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.