Strawberry Blueberry Chocolate Hazelnut Flatbread is guaranteed to be a kid favorite recipe! You will be making this recipe over and over again. It is not only delicious but packed with nutrition from the delicious Florida Strawberries.
- 2 flatbreads
- ½ cup hazelnut chocolate spread
- ½ cup strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup blueberries
- 4 squares of white chocolate
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds (optional)
- Sprinkle of Hawaiian sea salt or sea salt of choice (optional)
- Additional strawberries for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Place flatbread on a pizza or cookie sheet. Bake for two minutes. Remove from oven.
- Spread chocolate on the flatbread.
- Lay strawberries and blueberries on top.
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave the white chocolate and make little curlies.
- Sprinkle sliced almonds (optional) and Hawaiian sea salt (optional).
- Cut each flatbread into 3 sections and serve.
- Garnish with additional strawberries.
Health Benefits of Strawberries:
- Select fresh Florida strawberries not only for their delicious taste but for the nutritional benefits they offer you and your family. Think about it, just eight medium strawberries contain more vitamin C than one orange.
- Strawberries are virtually fat free, contain no cholesterol and are an excellent source of folic acid that helps the body metabolize protein. They are a good source of potassium too. You can eat them out-of-hand, on the run. Just wash and bite — anytime, anyplace.
- Research by the USDA indicates that strawberries may help fight cancer, heart disease and other ills. They are low in calories (about 45 per serving) and high in ellagic acid, which is believed to help reduce the risk of cancer. A serving size of strawberries is one cup (5 oz.).
- According to findings from Yale’s Prevention Research Center and several recognized health and nutrition experts, strawberries, raw spinach and blueberries ranked 100 (the highest possible nutrient density score) in a system called the Overall Nutrition Quality Index (ONQI). The system ranks foods on a numeric scale indicating that strawberries are one of the healthiest food choices around. Ranking foods based on their nutrient density is not a new idea. According to the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, nutrient-dense foods are those providing the greatest amounts of vitamins and minerals with the fewest calories. Strawberries fill the bill.
Get more delicious Florida Strawberry recipes here.