Easy. Delicious. Nutritious. Simply Sensational ~ Florida Strawberry Brie Flatbread Salad. A taste of summer all winter long.
We love this time of year for so many reasons. At our house, we would agree that Florida Strawberry season is truly a favorite. You can find us in the kitchen making chocolate covered strawberries, we love to bring strawberries to share at a holiday get-together and instead of shopping at the mall, you can find me at the Florida Strawberry Fields – Florida Strawberries are truly a big part of our holiday feasts. Especially when we are talking Cheesecake – Cheesecake one, Cheesecake two and Cheesecake three… the only thing that makes Vo-Vos cheesecake’s even better is a strawberry on top.
And some may say this is over the top, but we even love Florida Strawberry Centerpieces. After all, is there anything more beautiful than a chocolate truck carrying strawberries? We say NO WAY!
This year’s Christmas celebration was a special one at our house. Our daughter was home and we enjoyed every minute of celebrating together. After a holiday filled with festivities, we were ready to enjoy simple, delicious and nutritious meals. This Strawberry Brie Flatbread Salad fit the bill.
Packed with delicious flavor and combination of sweet and salty, this crispy flatbread is a perfect delight for entertaining or a light bite with the family. The Florida Strawberries are the superstar in this delicious flatbread. To me, brie and strawberries are a match made in heaven… add some arugula and drizzle with honey and boom!
For us, this time of year is all about creating memorable moments with our families. Great food, great conversation and nutritious strawberries are the perfect beginning to a delicious holiday season.
- 1 large thin flatbread
- 6 thin slices of brie cheese, approximately ¼ brie wheel. Skin removed and sliced thin
- 6 large Florida Strawberries or 9 large Florida Strawberries, sliced thin
- 1 cup of arugula
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- fresh ground sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Lay the flatbread on a pizza tray and evenly top with the slices of brie cheese
- Bake for approximately 8 minutes or until the flatbread is crispy and the cheese is bubbling
- Let cool for 5 minutes
- In a small bowl, mix the arugula, olive oil and vinegar
- Layer a row of Florida strawberries on top of the brie flatbread
- Top with the arugula
- Add the additional sliced strawberries on top of the arugula
- Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with fresh ground salt and pepper to taste.
We are excited to welcome Florida Strawberry around the family table and are look forward to chatting with you tonight during our #SundaySupper Twitter party. The fun starts at 7 p.m. ET Sunday and all you need to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag to participate.
Strawberries are packed with vitamins and nutrition and are perfect to serve any time of day. You are going to love this week’s recipes.
Strawberries for Starters
- Crispy Strawberry and Brie Bites by Ruffles & Truffles
- Strawberry Balsamic Chicken Flatbread by The Crumby Cupcake
- Strawberry Basil Goat Cheese Ball by Take A Bite Out of Boca
Strawberries for Breakfast
- Creamy Strawberry Chia Seed Avocado Smoothie by An Appealing Plan
- Fresh Strawberry Breakfast Parfait by The Freshman Cook
- Strawberry Balsamic Frittata by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Strawberry Bread by Desserts Required
- Strawberry Breakfast Cake by Recipe for Perfection
- Strawberry French Toast Kabobs by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Strawberry Guacamole & Bacon Toast by I’m Not the Nanny
Strawberries for Lunch
- Strawberry-Poppyseed Chicken Salad Sandwiches by Casa de Crews
- Venison Street Tacos by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Strawberry Brie Flatbread Salad by Family Foodie
- Strawberry Caprese Salad by Life Tastes Good
Strawberries for Dinner
- Balsamic Pork Salad with Strawberries and Goat Cheese by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Healthy One Pot Chicken Strawberry Paella by Food Done Light
- Pecan Chicken with Strawberry Chipotle Salsa by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Quinoa with Salmon and Strawberries by Cooking Chat
- Strawberry BBQ Meatballs by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Strawberry Risotto by Magnolia Days
Plus don’t miss Delicious Strawberry Ideas and Sweet Recipes by Sunday Supper Movement
We’re so excited about Florida Strawberries and can’t wait to share the fun with you. You’ll have chance to win a gift card if you post a strawberry photo on Instagram and tag it #FLStrawberry. The Show us Your Strawberries contest runs Sunday through Jan. 17, 2016. Winners will be chosen at random during our live #SundaySupper Twitter party from Tampa, Fl., on Jan. 17.
Need more Florida winter strawberry inspiration? Check out the website of Strawberry Sue for tips and recipes.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sundays! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
This post is sponsored by Florida Strawberry Growers Association in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are those of the writer.