Strawberry Coleslaw packed with flavor – strawberries, blue cheese, candied pecans and green onions.
Lately when I am out to eat, I have been noticing coleslaw pop up here and there. I am not talking about barbecue and fast food joints. I am talking about some really nice restaurants are now featuring coleslaw as side dishes. Not your average mayonnaise-y coleslaw, I am talking all kinds of creative and uniquely flavored coleslaw. Seriously, who would have thought that Pineapple Coconut Coleslaw or Raspberry Blue Cheese Coleslaw could be so delicious? I tell you-Coleslaw is the new black!
All these fun combinations got me thinking about my favorite fruit that is grown right here in Florida — strawberries. After spending some time out in the Florida Strawberry fields, I couldn’t wait to come up with my own flavor combination of coleslaw. I love fresh flavor combinations with unexpected bites and this Strawberry Coleslaw is just that. The strawberries, the blue cheese, the green onions and the unexpected pop of sweet crunch-the candied pecans make this a fun combination of flavors. Since I am not big on a heavy mayonnaise dressing, a greek yogurt strawberry poppyseed dressing hits the spot.
Quick tip: Instead of chopping my own cabbage, I like to purchase the packaged Asian Chopped Salad. What can I say, I am all about making things easy especially when entertaining. The combination of chopped savoy cabbage, green cabbage, carrots, celery and cilantro is perfect for this salad. I also like to use a prepared strawberry poppyseed Greek yogurt dressing- because, you know, it’s easy and delicious.
- 1 10.5 ounce package of Asian Chopped Salad-Savoy cabbage, green cabbage, carrots, celery, cilantro
- 16 ounce package of Florida Strawberries, half sliced, half diced into small pieces
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- 15 candied pecans, chopped or nut of choice (almonds are also delicious)
- 1 cup strawberry poppyseed greek yogurt dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage mixture, diced strawberries, green onion, blue cheese and candied pecans.
- Add the strawberry poppyseed greek yogurt dressing and mix until well combined.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour but no longer than 3 hours.
- When ready to serve, place the sliced strawberries along the outside of the plate.
- Add the coleslaw in the middle of the plate and top with additional strawberries if desired.
Another little tip: You are going to want to pair this delicious strawberry coleslaw with my Portuguese Spicy Pulled Pork. Trust me on this one.
You all know how I feel about Florida Strawberries and I am so excited to share this fun contest with all of you. Everything is better with a strawberry on top! Since posting my picture with my #FLStrawberryCap, I have had so many messages, texts and calls from friends asking how to get their own Florida Strawberry Cap. Well, here is your chance! Hurry, there is a limited supply.
If you love Florida Strawberries, you must enter their huge giveaway! Submit a fabulous photo with Florida strawberries and receive a free Florida Strawberry cap plus get entered for a chance to win the grand prize! Grand Prize – A three-night stay for four at the Guy Harvey Outpost – a TradeWinds Beach Resort – on St. Pete Beach in Florida. Winners will also be treated to the “Swim with the Fishes” experience at RumFish Grill – where they can snorkel in the 33,500 gallon aquarium built by Wayde King and Brett Raymer of Animal Planet’s hit series, “Tanked.” PLUS, a personal tour of a strawberry farm in Plant City, Florida – the Winter Strawberry Capital!
Post as many pictures of yourself showing us your Florida strawberries as you want to increase your chances of winning the grand prize. The winner will be hand selected, so have fun with your pictures and be creative! You can enter directly on the Florida Strawberry website or post your favorite pictures on social media using the hashtag #FLStrawberryCap. Click here for the Official contest rules.
Sweet and savory, from appetizers to desserts, fresh strawberry recipes are perfect for your holiday table. Don’t miss out! Be sure to enter the #FLStrawberryCap giveaway and win a free trip to sunny Florida to tour the Florida Strawberry fields!
21 Fresh Strawberry Recipes for the Holidays
- Balsamic Strawberry Brie Bites by Casa de Crews
- Roasted Strawberry Chipotle Sauce by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Savory Strawberry Crostini by Cooking Chat
- Strawberry Apple Salsa by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Strawberry Hummus by The Freshman Cook
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries by Desserts Required
- Classic Eton Mess by Sunday Supper Movement
- Fresh Strawberry Pie by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Goopy Goop – A Healthy Strawberry Sauce by Cricket’s Confections
- Strawberry Bundt Cake by Caroline’s Cooking
- Strawberry Layer Cake with Strawberry Buttercream Frosting by Family Around The Table
- Grilled Balsamic Strawberry & Chicken Kabobs by Books n’ Cooks
- Grilled Fish Topped with Strawberry Salsa by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Spicy Strawberry BBQ Shredded Chicken by The Crumby Cupcake
- Strawberry and Arugula Pizza by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Strawberry Balsamic Brie Grilled Cheese by Authentically Candace
- Strawberry Almond Couscous by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Strawberry Bread by An Appealing Plan
- Strawberry Bruschetta Side Salad by April Golightly
- Strawberry Coleslaw by Family Foodie
- Strawberry Pecan Salad with Honey Balsamic Dressing by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 p.m. ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.