Oh these Strawberry and Cream Breakfast Smoothie Bowls – they have changed our mornings for the best!
I know this may seem odd, but breakfast is always our hardest meal of the day. Yet, as a mom, I know how important it is to pack the nutrition first thing in the morning before the kiddos get off to school and sports. I have recently become obsessed with smoothie bowls. I am not kidding, there are so many options, like this one or this one or how about this one? Smoothie Bowls have become the new breakfast, lunch or snack favorite at our house.
I spent quite a bit of time on the Florida Strawberry fields this past season and I love strawberries. My boys can pack away a flat of strawberries like it’s nobody’s business. There were a few times that I was able to pry those strawberries from their hands and freeze some to enjoy throughout the year. These frozen berries are perfect to make these smoothie bowls. I throw them in the blender whole and love adding milk and yogurt. Talk about packing in the nutrition for breakfast or an after school snack with these Strawberry and Cream Breakfast Smoothie Bowls!
The best part is that kids love piling on the healthy toppings. It’s like they have their own smoothie bar at home. Here are some of our favorite smoothie bowl toppings:
- chia seeds
- trail mix
- chocolate chips
- dried fruits
The possibilities are endless. Many times we start with Reis’s favorite Good Morning Smoothie Recipe which may or may not include chocolate chips as a treat. Other times we try to pack breakfast with nutrition by adding in all the fruit! This is a fun way to wake up the kids and feel good about the breakfast we are serving!
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Strawberries, sliced
- Chia Seeds
- Get creative and add more nutritios toppings!
- Add milk, yogurt, strawberries and honey to blender and blend until smooth. Approximatelyu 5 minutes on high.
- Pour in bowls and have fun with all the nutritious toppings.
The #SundaySupper Tastemakers are excited to share with you 21 best recipes made with milk for #JuneDairyMonth!Florida is well-known for its citrus groves, but did you know that Florida is home to over 130 dairy farming families who are caretakers of cows, stewards of the land, and leaders in their communities? Many are even second and third generation farmers. If you travel along the rural highways in Florida you will commonly see Holsteins (the black and white cows) out in the pastures grazing. There are about 123,000 dairy cows in the state of Florida, with the largest concentration found in Lafayette and Okeechobee counties. Collectively, these cows produce more than 277 million gallons of milk each year with each individual cow producing about 6 – 8 gallons of milk per day! These wonderful cows make it easy for us to get the recommended three glasses of milk per day. Florida Dairy Farmers not only work hard to bring the freshest milk to your table everyday, but they also help the environment by recycling 170,000 tons of by products such as citrus pulp, brewer’s grain and whole cotton seed which are used as feed for the cows, instead of ending up in landfills.
Join us as we celebrate #JuneDairyMonth and let us know what milk recipe you will be bringing to the virtual table. Don’t forget to join our always fun, lively, and informative weekly twitter chat at 7pm ET Sunday! Until then, check out the preview below of our best recipes made with milk. The milk will be pouring and you won’t want to miss a drop!
Milk in the Morning:
- Blueberry Coconut Muffins by Take a Bite Out of Boca
- Lighter Breakfast Quiche by The Healthy Fit Foodie
- Spinach Artichoke Strata by Helpful Homemade
- Strawberry and Cream Breakfast Smoothie Bowls by Family Foodie
- Strawberry Orange Banana Sunrise Crepes by The Gold Lining Girl
Milk during the Day:
- Fettuccine Alfredo by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Hamburger Gravy by My World Simplified
- Homemade Mozzarella by An Appealing Plan
- Langostino Mac and Cheese with Crispy Bacon and Chives by Pook’s Pantry
- Margherita Penne Pasta by Life Tastes Good
- Simple Polenta Recipe by Healing Tomato
- Summer Corn Soup by Casa de Crews
- Sweet Onion Tart by Flour On My Face
Milk in Desserts:
- Boozy Hazelnut Frozen Hot Chocolate by GO Epicurista
- Cannoli Cupcakes with Chocolate Pistachio Crunch by The Crumby Cupcake
- Chocolate Eclairs by Love and Confections
- Hot Milk Sponge Cake with Blueberries by The Hungry Goddess
- Mini Bread Puddings with Whiskey Caramel Sauce by Dessert Geek
- Nutty Cookies & Cream Ice Cream by Family Around The Table
- Strawberry Milkshake by Desserts Required
- Southern Buttermilk Pie by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement