Our family loves traditions, especially those that are made around the Holidays. While traditions have changed a bit as the kids get older, one thing remains the same, we look forward to spending special moments together every year. To us, that is what the Holidays are all about. We really enjoy a Sunday Brunch on Christmas morning. It started when the kids were little, Vo-Vo and Vo would head over at the crack of dawn and we would spend all morning taking turns opening gifts. I loved having dishes that I prepared the day before that I could just pop in the oven. The house would smell so good as we opened up all the gifts. We couldn’t wait to finish opening the gifts and enjoy a brunch filled with sweet and savory
These delicious Strawberry Goat Cheese Pastry Bites are perfect because they are super easy to make the day before and they smell amazing as they are baking up in the oven. We love the combination of goat cheese and strawberries. They are the perfect holiday treat to be added to the Christmas Brunch Buffet.
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup Gallo Family Berries and Chocolate Seasonal Wine
- 1 pint strawberries, cut in slices
- 2 sheets refrigerated puff pastry
- 8 ounces goat cheese, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 450º
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, water, cornstarch and wine.
- Heat until mixture thickens and boils, stirring constantly.
- Stir in strawberries and reduce heat to low, cooking mixture for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Roll out pastry sheet and cut into 4 squares.
- Spread one tablespoon of goat cheese onto half of each pastry square.
- Divide strawberry mixture among squares, layering on top the goat cheese.
- Roll the puff pastry and make a rectangular shape. Pinch edges to seal.
- Roll the puff pastry over and using a knife, make 4-6 cuts across each pastry.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 10-11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and dust with confectioners’ sugar.
This year we are featuring Gallo Family Vineyards limited edition seasonal wines for the adults during brunch! It is a perfect complement to the Strawberry Goat Cheese Pastry Bites. I loved these little bites paired with the Mixed Berries and Chocolate Blend. Vo-Vo and Vo love sweet wines and I can’t wait to share this special selection with them!
The Holiday White Blend brings forth hints of crisp green apple and sweet caramel. If you are a fan of Gallo Family’s Moscato, this is the wine to try! The Holiday Red Blend offers hints of juicy mixed berries and chocolate, and would be a great choice for those who enjoy Gallo Family’s Merlot.
For more information on Gallo Family Vineyards wines and menu pairing ideas, visit their website (where you can also find a store locator). Get connected with Gallo Family on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube for more ideas and updates. Want to incorporate Gallo Family into your Sunday Supper menu? Here is a $1 off digital coupon for Gallo Family wines to get you started.
Check out all the memorable holiday recipes the Sunday Supper family will be bringing to the table this week! We hope we inspire you to spend time around the family table this Holiday Season. Cheers!
- Holiday Crab & Shrimp Scramble by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Sour Cream Coffee Cake Donuts by Ruffles & Truffles
- Spiced Apple Monkey Bread with White Wine Caramel by Curious Cuisiniere
- Strawberry Goat Cheese Pastry by Family Foodie
Memorable Main Dishes:
- Baked Swiss Cheese Fondue by Shockingly Delicious
- Curried Turkey Salad by Magnolia Days
- Glazed Ham with Red-eye Gravy by Nik Snacks
- Holiday Braised Short Ribs by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
Delightful Desserts and Sweets:
- Berry Chocolate Mocha Mousse Dessert by Flavor Mosaic
- Caramel Apple Turnovers by In The Kitchen With KP
- Chocolate Mousse Cups by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Fudgy Chocolate Berry Bundt Cake by Desserts Required
- Italian Wine Doughnut Cookies by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Lemon Pound Cake by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Red Wine Chocolate Cookie Cups by Alida’s Kitchen
- Red Wine Chocolate Truffles by Life Tastes Good
- Vanilla Cupcakes with White Wine Caramel Apple Compote by Feed Me, Seymour
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Snowballs by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.