We always say that it starts off as one day a week and soon becomes a way of life. Families today are finding it more difficult to find time to eat together and that is why we are so passionate about the Sunday Supper Movement. One of the best tips that I have for busy families is that Sunday Supper can set the stage for your weekday meals. I find this to be true in our home, if I prepare a Sunday Supper meal that I can reinvent into new dishes during the week, our weekday supper meals are a breeze.
I am honored and thrilled to be spending this week’s Sunday Supper in Madison, Wisconsin and visiting American Family Insurance’s Dream Bank. Although I will not be spending this Sunday Supper around the family table at home, I will be sharing my passion and the Sunday Supper Mision with the American Family Insurance family. The live event is now at capacity but we would love to have you join us on google+ Family Dinner Table event .
I will be sharing one of my families favorite crock pot recipes, Spicy Portuguese Pulled Pork and Portuguese Rice. That simple Sunday Supper meal will be reinvented into Pulled Pork and Caramelized Onion Flatbread, Pulled Pork Sliders and Pulled Pork Rice Bowls. It’s the recipe for a week of easy Weekday Suppers.
Our Sunday Supper contributors will also be sharing some of their favorite Sunday Supper recipes that can be reinvented into a new dish during the week. Come join everyone on twitter at 7pm EST and share your favorite reinvented recipes.
- Apple Cider Braised Pork Roast by Magnolia Days
- Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf by girlichef
- Baked Barbecue Chicken by Alida’s Kitchen
- Brined and Roasted Turkey by Growin Up Gabel
- Chicken Cacciatore by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cider Braised Pork Belly by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Classic Spaghetti and Meatballs with Homemade Tomato Sauce by Neighborfood
- Coffee Rubbed Ham by Curious Cuisiniere
- Glazed Ham with Bonus Recipe: Scalloped Potatoes & Ham by The Foodie Army Wife
- Herb Crusted Roast Beef by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Herbed Pork Loin on Spaetzle by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Picadillo-Stuffed Chiles Rellenos by Foxes Love Lemons
- Pork Tinga by Juanita’s Cocina
- Roast Psycho Chicken by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Roasted Chicken with Potatoes and Vegetables by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Shrimp Scampi & Sushi by NinjaBaking.com
- Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken by In The Kitchen With KP
- Slow-Cooker BBQ-Rubbed Turkey Breast by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Spicy Turkey Meatloaf by Runner’s Tales
- Sunday Supper Spicy Portuguese Pulled Pork by Family Foodie
I can’t wait to see these recipes and to all see how they are reinvented. Do you have a favorite Sunday Supper recipes? We would love to have you share it with us. American Family is creating an e-cookbook to inspire families to come back to the table, and we need your help! Share your recipes for your chance to be featured in the cookbook by submitting a family favorite recipe here. You will be entered to win one of six $100 Williams-Sonoma gift cards. One lucky entry will win one valued at $500! When the e-cookbook comes out later this fall, you’ll be among the first to receive a copy. I can’t wait to see all the great Family Inspired Recipes!
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here ? Sunday Supper Movement.