Sunday Supper Spicy Portuguese Pulled Pork Recipe —> click Spicy Portuguese Pulled Pork.
Happy Sunday from Madison, Wisconsin! It is my first time visiting this beautiful place and I am just blown away by the great food, wonderful people I have met and the hospitality. I spent yesterday morning at the Madison Farmers Market and I can honestly tell you, I have never seen a Farmers Market quite like this. They blew me away. I wish I had packed an extra suitcase so that I could fill up on all the amazing produce, cheese and cheese bread!
I am quite honored to be working with American Family Insurance this weekend and hosting a live demonstration at Dream Bank. I visited Dream Bank Friday evening upon arriving in Madison and can tell you that this is truly an absolutely magical and inspirational place. When you walk in, you are handed a passport and keys to follow your dream. You can then choose to write down your goals, doodle your dreams or dress up in your dreams. If that doesn’t get you going, the chocolate covered Dream Bank Marshmallows sure will.
American Family Insurance believes in the power of individual dreams to be used for positive change in our families and communities. I will be sharing my Portuguese Pulled Pork Recipe and Vo-Vo’s Portuguese Recipe recipe during a live demonstration at Dream Bank. I will also talk about how I was inspired to follow my dream by my family and how it all started around the family table. The live event is now at capacity but we would love to have you join us on google+ Family Dinner Table event . Through Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter, we’ll be sharing more family favorite recipes and the stories behind them.
This week’s event is all about making Sunday Supper the stage for easy weekday supper meals. Taking a large meal that is enjoyed on Sunday and then reinventing the leftovers! I am revisiting a recipe that is one of our absolute favorites. Not only do my kids love it, their friends come over and ask me to make this easy crock pot Spicy Portuguese Pulled Pork. This recipe was originally inspired by one of our Sunday Supper Contributors, Amy from KimchiMOM. Amy had put her Korean influence on a pulled pork recipe and inspired by her, I put my Portuguese heritage to work here. This is what I love about our Sunday Supper Movement Community!
The first time I made this recipe, we knew it would be a keeper. Although I won’t be home with my family this Sunday Supper, I left them with one of their favorite Sunday Supper recipes, and of course Vo-Vo’s Portuguese Rice.
Portuguese Rice Recipe —-> Portuguese_rice.
Our Sunday Supper contributors will also be sharing some of their favorite Sunday Supper recipes that can be reinvented into a new dish during the week. Come join everyone on twitter at 7pm EST and share your favorite reinvented recipes.
- Apple Cider Braised Pork Roast by Magnolia Days
- Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf by girlichef
- Baked Barbecue Chicken by Alida’s Kitchen
- Brined and Roasted Turkey by Growin Up Gabel
- Chicken Cacciatore by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cider Braised Pork Belly by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Classic Spaghetti and Meatballs with Homemade Tomato Sauce by Neighborfood
- Coffee Rubbed Ham by Curious Cuisiniere
- Glazed Ham with Bonus Recipe: Scalloped Potatoes & Ham by The Foodie Army Wife
- Herb Crusted Roast Beef by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Herbed Pork Loin on Spaetzle by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Picadillo-Stuffed Chiles Rellenos by Foxes Love Lemons
- Pork Tinga by Juanita’s Cocina
- Roast Psycho Chicken by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Roasted Chicken with Potatoes and Vegetables by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Shrimp Scampi & Sushi by NinjaBaking.com
- Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken by In The Kitchen With KP
- Slow-Cooker BBQ-Rubbed Turkey Breast by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Spicy Turkey Meatloaf by Runner’s Tales
- Sunday Supper Spicy Portuguese Pulled Pork by Family Foodie
I can’t wait to see these recipes and to all see how they are reinvented. Do you have a favorite Sunday Supper recipes? We would love to have you share it with us. American Family is creating an e-cookbook to inspire families to come back to the table, and we need your help! Share your recipes for your chance to be featured in the cookbook by submitting a family favorite recipe here. You will be entered to win one of six $100 Williams-Sonoma gift cards. One lucky entry will win one valued at $500! When the e-cookbook comes out later this fall, you’ll be among the first to receive a copy. I can’t wait to see all the great Family Inspired Recipes!
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here ? Sunday Supper Movement.
This post was sponsored by American Family Insurance. All opinions are my own.