I have always known that eating Supper Around the Family Table is the best nourishment we can give our families. It is about so much more than just the food that is served. It is something that the entire family looks forward to. It is about commitment to each other, positive communication and time together. In my heart I know that this is the most important thing I have done for my family.
What I did not realize until recently is how powerful food can be. I have met, connected and shared recipes with an amazing group of people that were brought together by our love for food, family, friendship and mutual respect for each other.
I am honored to say that we are kicking off the first #SundaySupper of 2012 with a Progressive Dinner hosted by some of the most amazing Cooks, Chefs, Moms, Dads, Wine Connoisseurs. Their recipes and blogs will blow you away!
They have put together the most impressive #SundaySupper that I could ever have imagined!
- We are starting off our Progressive Dinner Cocktail Hour with Oyster Shooters by my friend Jeff @catholicfoodie ~ www.catholicfoodie.com Seriously, how fun is that! Who wouldn’t want to join us for this Progressive Dinner
- Valerie @ValerieMCathell from http://artc1heartnsoul.blogspot.com/ is bringing some amazing appetizers: Prosciutto Puffs & Stuffed Mushrooms…Yum!
- Have I mentioned that we have our own wine connoisseur, Eileen @wineeveryday from www.wineeveryday.net She has a passion and knowledge for wine that is second to none. Eileen paired Valerie’s mouth watering appetizers with Mumm Napa Brut Prestige … What could possibly be better?
- Sue @ssunithi from http://www.suesnutritionbuzz.com/ is keeping us healthy! I love her recipes and when she decided to contribute her Tuscan Chicken, Bean and Spinach Soup and Eileen paired it with 2010 Rooster Hill Vineyards Medium Sweet Riesling … it truly was a match made in Heaven!
- Salad time brings us to Renee’s @reneedobbs www.magnoliadays.com scrumptious creation of Pear and Stilton Salad Paired with Perrin Reserve 2010 Cotes du Rhone Blanc. Renee’s recipes are so inspiring. I love her photography, creativity and most of all inspiration!
- I am excited to be bringing the Main Course to our #SundaySupper Progressive Dinner and am honored to say I am cooking a Rustic Chicken Dish inspired by Mario Battali joining us for #SundaySupper on 12/5/11. He whipped up and tweeted the most amazing Rustic Chicken….Seriously, who wouldn’t want some? Click here to see his #SundaySupper Rustic Chicken . Eileen suggested I pair it with 2009 Annabella Caneros Pinor Noir
- And with that yummy Wine Sauce in the Chicken… you need some bread to go along… Luckily Donna @dbcurrie from http://cookistry.blogspot.com/ was baking some fresh Brioche for us… Is there anything better than homemade fresh baked bread….totally drooling!
- Just when we think we can’t eat another bite… Erin @bigfatbaker http://bigfatbaker.com/blog/ brings us …. Lavender Shortbread Cookies. Not only is Erin an amazing baker and cook, she is a student at Purdue. Her blog is just fabulous and she amazes me with her energy! Eileen suggests we pair the yummy cookies with Cupcake Prosecco. What a way to end our meal!